Recent EV models run into 79% more problems than gas cars, Consumer Reports survey shows.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    EVs require more frequent repairs than gasoline cars

excerpts from above article:

"Repairs from collisions are also more expensive. According to Mitchell, repair costs for EVs continue to trend higher than those for gas-powered cars. In the third quarter of 2023, for example, it cost $950 more to repair an EV than a gas-powered vehicle."

"However, Consumer Reports’ latest annual car reliability survey shows that electric vehicles, on average, are less reliable than gas-powered vehicles or hybrids. Based on owner responses for more than 330,000 vehicles, the survey found that EVs from the past three model years encountered 79% more problems than conventional vehicles."

The most ridiculous article I read in the last 6 months was a report that many EV owners rent an ICE when they go on vacation. A lack of infrastructure to re-charge their EV while travelling long distances. Rent an ICE vehicle and leave the EV at home, now that is golden :)

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Ford recently admitted they exaggerated their Ford Lightning EV mileage range, said their data was "best case". More like BS. In Motor Trend, one of their contributors had a new Ford Lightning on loan, to do a review. Ford stated you could go 300 miles on a full charge. This dude couldn't even make a 260 mile round trip to a family member's house without needing a charge. He even stated in the article "If I had paid my own money for the Lightning, I'd be suing for my money back."
    I have the issue and article.

Some peeps purchased the Lightning and towed a trailer or a boat, and could not travel 120 miles on a full charge. LOL $80k for that?

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Currently in the US, 58% of grid electricity is generated by the combustion of fossil fuels, mainly natural gas. But coal is a big player too
    Yes, but I'm sure that MY electricity running MY earth-saving eco-mobile is organically sourced from the other 40% of clean renewable windmill, solar and fairy dust energy. Oh wait, what's that, another 19% is evil nuclear energy?!?!?! So, only 20% of all electricity is GOOD electricity???!!!?? Alas, what's a good eco-warrior to do?

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    So, only 20% of all electricity is GOOD electricity???!!!?? Alas, what's a good eco-warrior to do?
    And in that 20% is Hydroelectric coming from Evil Damns! You know the Cheap & Reliable source of electric power.
    So now we only have 14-12% of good power that only works when to sun is out or the wind is blowing hard, but not to hard.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Even if tomorrow night I won either or both of the lotteries I still would not buy any EV...... They are a Pie in the sky option that is not sustainable. .................................... drill sgt.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Even if tomorrow night I won either or both of the lotteries I still would not buy any EV...... They are a Pie in the sky option that is not sustainable. .................................... drill sgt.
    I believe it is the way of the future. We have to get off fossil fuels for sustainability of our planet, our ecosystem, if you want a viable future for your grandchildren and great grandchildren. But right now the support infrastructure is severely lacking, and Biden is throwing our tax dollars at it like confetti at a party. Add in vehicle manufacturers are scrambling to get in the EV market, and some of them are not above lying about their product specs and capabilities. Like travel range on a full charge, and how long a lipo battery will last in a vehicle. Serviceable life and total storage capacity roll off over years. They want to make big bucks, and they are not afraid to lie and cheat. Like Ford.

Ask yourself why Toyota has not jumped on board on a totally battery powered vehicle to date. Toyota builds some of the best motor vehicles on this planet, their reliability and service life. Toyota is doing hybrid technology, which they have been doing for two decades now, in the Prius. The new 2024 Prius is faster (0 to 60 mph) than previous models and more efficient. Solidly in the 50s for city and highway mpg. And a MPGe rating of 114.

Toyota does not lie to its customers or deceive prospective purchasers with BS data and claims. And they are just not sold on current EV potential and user overall experience.

Elon Musk is now worth 254 billion dollars. He has proven he is not above exaggerating, or deceiving people in his daily business practices to make money and generate revenue. But he def thanks all you Tesla purchasers out there for his massive wealth, and continued support. EVs, power banks, solar panels, Powerwall, and more. $254,000,000,000 Musk couldn't spend all of that wealth in his lifetime if he wanted to but he laughing all the way to his banks most every day. Allows him to launch multi million dollar rockets to the moon and beyond. Their own R&D. Boosters (1st stage of Starship) with 33 main engines, 16 million lb ft of collective thrust energy @ sea level. Some people play with model rockets, Musk plays with the real thing, funded by other people's money. And they give it to him willingly.

The Saturn 5 booster which launched Neil Armstrong (and many more too) to the moon had 7.6 million pounds of thrust. Slightly less than one half of Elon's new toy rocket.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Until all of the power is generated by nuclear, anything electric is just running on burning fossils. Why bother using a coal fired car when a gasoline fired one is better and easier and cheaper. Solar is likely the next best thing, wind is a joke, and neither work all of the time, making them a second tier option at best.

The deathnell on electric cars will come when the resale-ability becomes widespread knowledge. Once the battery wears out, the cost to replace will likely eclipse the second hand market value of most of these EVs. That will seriously affect the desirability of the car, when the trade in and resale values are effectively zero. Plus, who will buy a electric car on its "last leg" so to speak? Dropping 20k on a used car that "might" make it another 10k miles before the 30+k battery needs to be replaced.

And the batteries are not modular, so "fixing " them is not really doable. Not in a way that could be done easily by the local garage. I'm sure refurb battery packs will be a thing eventually, but they will be just as good as all of the other refurb carparts, which is not a good sign. Until the battery technology gets markedly better, these are a fad, or maybe a niche product.

As far as battery cars efficiency somehow helping with the environment, I just do not think they will ever pollute less than a gas powered car. Yes, if you are an idiot and just look at tailpipe emissions, sure they are super green (remember Chris Tucker from the 5th element!) but if you consider the entire process of producing the car and then fueling the car during its lifespan and then recycling the car at the end, I doubt you will see much difference. Especially when you add the 2nd or 3rd battery pack to achieve the 300k miles that a Tacoma can manage, I'm sure that the environmental impact will not be any less than an ICE vehicle.

Not to mention the pollution that will be created by tripling the current energy grid to handle the load of charging all of these up daily, the cost of wire alone will be staggering. And don't forget that electricity is not without its negatives (polarity based humor is not very good, I agree). Transmission of electricity has losses, and I bet those losses approach 50%, which is more heat and emf that we don't need (pollution is not just chemicals) and I just can't help but think that all of that emf is not good for us or the plant life.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    When you hear a democrat say that carbon pollution is an "existential" threat, if literal; they are basically saying that unless something is done, humanity will cease to exist. Since the US is actually reducing its carbon releases, and China and India continue to build fossil fuel run plants daily, does this mean that China and India are a direct threat to the demise of humanity and hence us? That is what the word means!?!

If they refuse to stop building and using fossil fuels in reality, even though they smirk when they agree to stop using them to Biden and Kerry, then by the democrats own mentality, China and India are direct threats to our very existence. Knowing this, when do we start saving ourselves and eliminating China and India from the Earth? What About the Middle Eastern countries that laugh about not drilling for oil?

There is no way to take these moron democrats serious without completely taking over the governments and citizens of China, India, and all the crude oil producers in the world. When they have an answer for that, I may listen! But, I doubt it!

Meanwhile, this is American political thievery at it's most grotesque level. And us dummies are letting them get away with it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Meanwhile, this is American political thievery at it's most grotesque level. And us dummies are letting them get away with it.
    Our fed government is broken in all ways, all 3 branches. We now know SCOTUS can be bought for a price. When this came to light about Thomas, it broke my heart. Nobody "gifts" millions of $ not expecting something in return. Influence. The next dreaded detail is none of the other 8 justices publicly condemned Thomas' actions when exposed my the news media. You know why? Because they too accept "gifts". Thomas may be "the king of gifts and favors", but there are others guilty too on SCOTUS.

Next our Congress. Corruption and greed abound. Most all who get voted into the Congress become millionaires in short order. Ilan Omar is a prime example, 4 years in Congress and she is now worth 3 or 4 million. Pays her new hubby with campaign funds and PAc monies. No doubt his company does work, but being paid 5x the going rates is a little preposterous! When the news media exposed this a couple years ago, Pelosi was quoted telling Omar "you have to be smarter about it going forward." And nothing came of it, nothing. Google Omar's personal worth if you don't believe me. She immigrated here from Somalia with nothing. When she was elected to Congress initially, her personal worth was < $100k. Both houses, corrupt and all about gaining personal wealth while in office.

The executive branch, well I guess we all see how that is going for the last 2.8 years. Hunter will never see jail time, probably not even hefty fines for his shenanigans. Out right lying on his form 4473 about his drug use to purchase a new handgun. His shady business dealings that daddy knows absolutely nothing about. Yeah right. Biden giving Fed dollars away to the "less fortunate", forgiving student loans, allowing 10,000 illegals per day right now to cross our southern border. Biden and the Dums are bankrupting our nation long term. Klam Harris, what a useless plug!

Our federal government in FUBAR and nobody can fix it. Honesty in DC simply does not exist any longer, sort of in line with our society as a whole. We are all just along for the ride at this point, hoping we can continue to connect the dots and keep our families afloat. The worst is yet to come in our nation, and it will not be pretty. Pay off your debt, save as much as you can, and downsize spending. Prepare for the worst BC its coming.

Right now there are 8.1 billion people inhabiting mother earth consuming 120% of its natural resources. How do you think that is going to work out long term? You find food expensive now (I do, my groceries cost me an easy 25 or 30% more since February of 2021)........just wait a while.

current world pop clock

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Ford recently admitted they exaggerated their Ford Lightning EV mileage range, said their data was "best case". More like BS. In Motor Trend, one of their contributors had a new Ford Lightning on loan, to do a review. Ford stated you could go 300 miles on a full charge. This dude couldn't even make a 260 mile round trip to a family member's house without needing a charge. He even stated in the article "If I had paid my own money for the Lightning, I'd be suing for my money back."
    I have the issue and article.

Some peeps purchased the Lightning and towed a trailer or a boat, and could not travel 120 miles on a full charge. LOL $80k for that?
    Just read an article on line, quote below. Got to love Ford.

"Picture this: You're driving your luxurious 2018 Ford F-150 Limited, a high-feature model retailing at over $60,000. Everything is smooth sailing until, boom! A dashboard light flickers, signaling an issue with your blind-spot warning and cross-traffic alert systems. Fast forward, and you're slapped with a repair bill that sends shivers down your spine: $5,600. All because of water damage to your taillights. Yes, you read that right.

source

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Is this the new chevy Blazer in legos?
    2738AF6D-B641-4685-B35A-ACB623315F95.jpeg

Top Bottom