Reciprocity vs. Honers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I was looking at packing.org, reading on the CCW laws for Louisiana and Florida.
    I was wondering was is the difference b/w Reciprocity and Honers:confused: ?
    florida_phpU99myv_florida_php24Ui8N_florida_map.gif
    louisiana_img8sPm1V_louisiana_map.gif

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    meaning those states will take the permit but not vice versa

ID, AZ, SD, MN, MO, OK & VT accept LA's permit but LA does not accept their permits.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    That is not precisely true, even though it may often play out that way.

Reciprocity=formal agreement between two States to honor each others' permits.

Honoring/recognition=one State decides to honor another State's permits. Example: State "A" chooses to honor all State's permits (like Alaska). State "B" chooses to honor Permits with issuance guidelines that fall into certain categories, which State "A" happens to have. State "B" honors permits from State "A" statutorily (in effect), and State "A" honors State "B"'s permits, but they never bother to make a formal reciprocity agreement. I know I can be unclear, but that it the gist of it, if anyone cares.

Point is, you can have two States that honor each other's permits w/o a formal reciprocity agreement. All that reciprocity means (legally) is that the States have offically colluded and agreed to continue honoring each other's permits until further notice.

Top Bottom