recoil question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I'm just glad people are nice enough to respond and give their input. I feel like a handgun is just more practical and versatile compared to a rifle or shotgun. I can keep it in the nightstand without it being in plain sight (which is an issue for the Mrs.). I can stow it in the glove box when we go on road trips. If I really wanted to I could open-carry and take it everywhere.

As for revolver versus auto-loader, I have a Walther PPS as my current nightstand gun, but there are some things I don't like about it. My wife can't reliably shoot it, as she has a tendency to limp-wrist it. I've even done it a few times, and I want to know that the weapon won't malfunction. As for capacity, the TRR8 is 8-shot, which is one more than I have currently. I know I could get more from other auto-loaders, but that brings back the reliability issue.

I guess I'm not really looking for a weapon that is THE BEST at home defense, but rather something that is the best for me. Let me know if you have any pointers or advice.

I Gotcha. It sounds like you know what you want. Not much advice I can offer other than trying to get the wife to the range for some training to help solve the limpwristing. Or persuade her to let you stash a long gun somewhere handy. Lol. But I know how that one goes.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have to agree that where concealment isn't an issue, such as in a night stand, there are better choices for a handgun than the Walther. It IS a fine handgun and was a seminal design but it's time is passed in my opinion.

It looks like Tuesday night will be the mostly time for me to go to the range.

Dave

idkmybffjill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have to agree that where concealment isn't an issue, such as in a night stand, there are better choices for a handgun than the Walther. It IS a fine handgun and was a seminal design but it's time is passed in my opinion.

It looks like Tuesday night will be the mostly time for me to go to the range.

Dave

I won't be able to make it then, that's the one day I have class till late. I'll definitely try out a .357 before I pick one up for myself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom