Recommend a contractor for home addition/garage/shop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    My wife and I contacted a few home builders/contractors, most of which have flat out said they don't have the time to do an addition. Anyone know of anyone or have a recommendation of someone I can get an estimate from? I want to turn a 6x24' storage area on the back side of my carport into a 50x24 shop/garage area. Would consist of a good bit of concrete to also extend the existing driveway, tie into the existing hip roof, brick front, hardie plank rear, electrical, 1/2 bathroom, 2 electric garage doors, etc so Its going to be a pretty large job.

If you know anyone in the St. Amant area in that line of work, lemme know!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Terry Stafford. (225) 715-0407

He rebuilt my parents house after Gustav and he's doing my slab for my shop and driveway to it right now (if the ground ever dries enough to get trucks in!)

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Logan's Custom Construction 504-247-3766 . Ask for James. Tell him Jason Desselles referred you to him. I worked with him for 20 years and can honestly say he is one of the few contractors I would recommend to friends and family.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    He is but you're not out of his reach though. Give him a call.

Talked to James, He said he is currently doing his last big job, and then going to retire due to health reasons. He said he has someone he is recommending anyone who calls him, but he probably wont travel this far.

BTT for any other suggestions.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Talked to James, He said he is currently doing his last big job, and then going to retire due to health reasons. He said he has someone he is recommending anyone who calls him, but he probably wont travel this far.

BTT for any other suggestions.

Ok. Well I haven't seen / talked to him in a couple years. I may have to give him a call now. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom