Recommend me a red dot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    My latest pawn shop find has me needing a red dot to put on it. I hear the Holosun sites are not bad. I basically bought this to see if red dot pistols are for me. If I like using red dots, I’ll bump up to a better pistol and optic. Basically looking for suggests for a mid level red dot in and around $200-250. Pros and cons of your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Pistol is a M&P 9 2.0 compact with the 4.1” barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpeg
      IMG_1228.jpeg
      260.6 KB · Views: 25
    • IMG_1229.jpeg
      IMG_1229.jpeg
      261.8 KB · Views: 22
    • IMG_1227.jpeg
      IMG_1227.jpeg
      553.8 KB · Views: 24

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Burris Fastfire II and the Vortex Venom. The Burris has a lifetime warranty and if i remember correctly the Vortex one isnt shabby either. Both are very durable for the money and have held up great for me on a number of platforms. I will say this about the Burris though. One issue I've run into with it in particular and only once was the glass cracking over the diode. Granted that was on a rifle and in a freak gunsafe shelf failing accident, but it did happen. They shipped me a new one the next week. Both seem to hold up to humidity and being bumped around on the UTV just fine and retain zero with no issue.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Attachments

• IMG_3078.png
      IMG_3078.png
      516.3 KB · Views: 18

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    Burris Fastfire II and the Vortex Venom. The Burris has a lifetime warranty and if i remember correctly the Vortex one isnt shabby either. Both are very durable for the money and have held up great for me on a number of platforms. I will say this about the Burris though. One issue I've run into with it in particular and only once was the glass cracking over the diode. Granted that was on a rifle and in a freak gunsafe shelf failing accident, but it did happen. They shipped me a new one the next week. Both seem to hold up to humidity and being bumped around on the UTV just fine and retain zero with no issue.
    Heard vortex’s customer service is second to none.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La

I thought this was a good deal at 120 bucks.
    Nice price point for just testing it out for sure. I’ll have to research this option

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    The holosun will have shake awake which is nice. also sideload battery so you do not need to remove the optic to replace the battery
    Yeah I saw that Trijicon you have to fully remove the optic to change the battery. Trijicon always has good stuff but what a pain in the butt to have to re-zero at every battery change.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I'm a Holosun fan also, but I hate the solar failsafe, like on the 407C. In theory it's a good idea, but in reality the dot brightness is automatically adjusted based on the amount of light available. Maybe it's my old eyes, but I don't want my dot getting dimmer by itself because it thinks I should still be able to see it.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    I'm a Holosun fan also, but I hate the solar failsafe, like on the 407C. In theory it's a good idea, but in reality the dot brightness is automatically adjusted based on the amount of light available. Maybe it's my old eyes, but I don't want my dot getting dimmer by itself because it thinks I should still be able to see it.
    Which holosun model do you prefer

Top Bottom