Red Jacket Firearms Birthday Bash 2012!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My mother in law used to have a huge bottle of vanilla extract. It was "Mexican Vanilla"... For anyone that doesn't want to buy a ton of the tiny bottles.

http://www.amazon.com/Mexican-Vanilla-Totonacs-vanilla-extract/dp/B003RM9SA6

You can also get the liters of vanilla at Mexican supermarkets (supermercado) around town. It's less than $10 a liter. The last one I got was $7 at the La Tiendita on Siegen/Cloverland (6031 Siegen Lane) near where LA Gun and Reloading used to be.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    email sent! Going to be fun! I didn't bring any guns last year and was glad. I think I'm going to bring one just to test it in the fires of hell (yes it was that hot). MyTFAL, I will be looking out for ya this year, I owe you a box of 308!

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    It's one of my few opportunities to shoot outside so I bring all the toys out...

Charlie - I saw that you said you will have some awnings out there this time. Will there be room for us to bring our own this year? Also will you allow four wheelers to help bring things back and forth from the vehicles?

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I'll check with the wife tonight. I'd love to go to this, if nothing else than to hang out with some other formerly active duty Leathernecks.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    If you don't make it to the shoot, let me know, you are welcomed to shoot my M82A1 the next time we take it out.

Sweet. Thanks for the offer. I'll pay for ammo, too, because I know that stuff is expensive as bawlz.

It was as hot as the hinges of hell, but it was also worth every minute. We had a great time.

Yeah, I have no idea the actual temps last year, but I'd venture to say it got to 110* or better with heat index. It was baaaaad.

I know it has been said, but to anyone not there last year you need to bring:

Shade
    Liquid
    Liquid
    Liquid
    Liquid
    Sunscreen
    Sunglasses
    Liquid
    Hat
    GLOVES!

Last year I probably missed 3-4 hours of the fun because I had to park my ass in the shade. The reason was I did not bring enough to drink (and I brought a good bit) and I wasn't in the shade enough in the beginning. The sun just zapped my ass.

Same here. I actually left before the Glock 18 was broken out and have regretted it ever since. I think I left around 4 or 5-ish and have seriously been kicking myself since.

WHOOOO Hot damn I'm Bringing the Beretta,

A note to everyone last year I brought like three rifles and three pistols, I wished all I would have brought was ammo!! This year all I will bring is my shotgun and lots and lots of ammo. While I know every body likes to bring their own goodies, Travel light, you will thank me later, besides as I found out it is almost impossible to bring cooler sh!t than what is sitting on the tables.

Yeah, I brought my Mossy 500 and my P22 last year and that was too much. All I'll be bringing this year is ammo and my Baby Eagle.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    It's one of my few opportunities to shoot outside so I bring all the toys out...

Charlie - I saw that you said you will have some awnings out there this time. Will there be room for us to bring our own this year? Also will you allow four wheelers to help bring things back and forth from the vehicles?
    yes and yes . Will

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The OP is blank. I hope I didn't miss the chance! I went last year and I would love to go again. If it is cool could someone send me the email address to get on the B-Bash list? Thanks.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    The OP is blank. I hope I didn't miss the chance! I went last year and I would love to go again. If it is cool could someone send me the email address to get on the B-Bash list? Thanks.

The OP isn't blank for me :confused: Here's a screenshot of it, perhaps something is wrong with your computer?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom