Red Jacket Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    They do not allow Rapid Fire, I'm not sure about the targets...

Will seems pretty cool, he's offered to let me shoot some of his guns, in a post somewhere on this forum, but I haven't taken him up on it.

I don't shoot there b/c of the no rapid fire rule

-and-

Sometimes bullets ricochet back at you in his lanes, had this happen a few times and I've only shot there a couple times. I know this can happen anywhere, and maybe he's got enough lead on the backdrop now to prevent it...but I'm not down with lead flying back at me.

I shoot at Sherburn, its free...outside, 50 & 100yrd ranges, rapid fire all you want, blow stuff up if you want.

As far as Will goes, he seems grumpy but he also seems like he's a no-nonsense honest, hard working, high quality gunsmith...he's earned the right to be grumpy.

Where is Sherburn?

Thanks

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Same rules? (slow fire only, must use their targets, no drawing from holster)

Here is their new website:
    http://www.dtchandgun.com/

I notice in the pictures every shooter is wearing a little apron. Please tell me they don't make you wear an apron while shooting.

Last edited:

Y.T.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central
    CIMG4285.JPG

ughh, not what you would hope to see at a gun range.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I vowed not to use the red jacket range anymore. it has been a couple of years, but the last time i went in there was right before hunting season. I wanted to sight in my rifle. It was so dark in there, because the lights had been shot out i guess, I couldn't see the target at 25yds.

on top of that, my target fell down, i went up front an asked the guy at the counter for another, he told me, "tell the other guys not to shoot you in the ass." then he got pissed when i went out on the range with my loaded .45, i told him i am not walking in front of three people i down know with loaded rifles and not be able to shoot back.

that was a waste of 10$ and about 15$ in bullets. i had to resite my rifle at the camp. which pissed off the others who were hunting.

Top Bottom