Reliving a nightmare

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Well this Shunick case has hit real close to home since Brandon Lavergne was picked up. You see, my step daughter was attacked and assaulted when she was 18. Lavergne was dating her cousin. So all this news has really affected my step daughter. Then yesterday afternoon, all hell broke loose when some very graphic details were posted on Tigerdroppings. I don't know how someone got those details but its just wrong to post that kind of stuff. Her name, address, statements from her and my wife. Are these documents "public record" ? And if not, how the hell did a newspaper get ahold of it and then post it on their website? It has since been removed, but the damage is done. People just can't imagine the embarrassment this is bringing on her. I don't understand how they got the detailed versions of the statements from my wife and step daughter ?

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I'm sorry to hear that she has to relive all that over. To answer your question yes it is all public record under the freedom of information act. You can thank the media for that. You can try to get the records sealed through the court but I don't know if That will help.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Your step daughter was Lavergnes previous victim? very sorry that happened to her whether it was him or not that did it. i can't offer any legalspeak as far as what's public and what's not, but i can offer my condolences that she and your family have to relive this. they should never have posted victim's info online, and obviously they knew the F'd up since it was taken down.

I'm the last person to throw lawsuits around, but look what they've done to your family's wellbeing. never been in your position before, but i look at it as the "minding my own business" rule. If you're chugging through life, minding your own business, and someone/some entity disturbs your life/physical/mental/emotional wellbeing through no fault of your own, it's time to take a look at some sort of retribution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Yes, she was the reason he was in jail for the sex offense. She is a very shy woman that keeps to herself. To me, the person or business that posted this stuff is no better than a sex offender. They have no conscience concerning the innocent victims it affects.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bad situation. I say it all the time, and it rings true here: "our ability to access information has far outpaced our ability to deal with it."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Awww, man....:(

Sorry about what happened to your step-daughter...

Hopefully, this monster won't be able to hurt anyone else anymore....small consolation now, though...

Totally, tasteless and classless act on the part of whoever posted that information...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Yes, she was the reason he was in jail for the sex offense. She is a very shy woman that keeps to herself. To me, the person or business that posted this stuff is no better than a sex offender. They have no conscience concerning the innocent victims it affects.

Yep, we've been through a few things here. The media doesn't give a rats ass, they want NEWS

I'm in favor of news but when they start dropping the eggs in your yard it's different.

It's a mess

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    I understand why you would be upset about posting graphic details about the case. Maybe you would be somewhat consoled in that the whole world does not read Tiger Droppings.
    I have looked at it a couple of times and thought that it is aptly named. Tiger Droppings but **** none the less.
    What bothers me most about your post (OP) is that after complaining about someone posting details about the case in a public forum you get on a different public forum and continue to post other details of the case.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I understand why you would be upset about posting graphic details about the case. Maybe you would be somewhat consoled in that the whole world does not read Tiger Droppings.
    I have looked at it a couple of times and thought that it is aptly named. Tiger Droppings but **** none the less.
    What bothers me most about your post (OP) is that after complaining about someone posting details about the case in a public forum you get on a different public forum and continue to post other details of the case.

You must not have your BS Sensitivities Merit Badge...are you even studying ??

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!

more people read tiger droppings. a wider cross section of people read tiger droppings. and its not just louisiana.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    This is a place I feel most members are mature people with good intentions. Mostly members posts I've read for several years now so I respect their opinions. The details I've discussed are nothing compared to what is included in the original police report.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    This is a place I feel most members are mature people with good intentions. Mostly members posts I've read for several years now so I respect their opinions.
    So if you play it to a smaller audience it is OK ?

[QUOTE}The details I've discussed are nothing compared to what is included in the original police report.

How does that make it right ? You want to justify that what you post is alright but if someone else posts it then it is not alright.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    This is a place I feel most members are mature people with good intentions. Mostly members posts I've read for several years now so I respect their opinions.

How does that make it right ? You want to justify that what you post is alright but if someone else posts it then it is not alright.

You may have a point (a very small one if at all) but I think the right thing to do is to leave it alone and shut up. That would be the right thing to do

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA

I don't know you and you surely don't know me. I have no problem with the case being discussed. What I do have a problem with is very private and sensitive information being released to the public. Unless you read the reports before they were removed, you don't know how in detail they went, so don't assume you know anything. I used to post here a lot, but have mostly read lately. People like you are mainly the reason. If your daughter was assualted, would you like for very personal details of the case posted to a newspaper website and splattered around on a sports forum?

Top Bottom