Reloading Class Available?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'm very interested in learning to reload. I've been looking into several of the progressive machines as well as some of the reloading books. In my research, I found that the NRA offers a program called "the NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course".

http://www.nrahq.org/education/Training/basictraining.asp#mcr

I would love to take a class like this to get started but can't find anything around here. Does anyone know of such a class? Would anyone be willing to organize something like this?

-Joel

Last edited:
    L

Louisiana Shooter

I'm very interested in learning to reload. I've been looking into several of the progressive machines as well as some of the reloading books. In my research, I found that the NRA offers a program called "the NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course".

http://www.nrahq.org/education/Training/basictraining.asp#mcr

I would love to take a class like this to get started but can't find anything around here. Does anyone know of such a class? Would anyone be willing to organize something like this?

-Joel

Where are you located?

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Mr. Courtney - You think I could meet up with you and learn the ropes??

I've got a 550 on hold from a guy until I find some funding.... but I think that seeing/trying it before I jump in head first would be a good idea.

PM me.

DAVE

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Check the "Brian Enos Forum" section on reloading. Dillon, also has videos (DVD's) on reloading using their machines. Along with googel vids. you really should not have a problem. you can also check with Mr. Fred @ La. Gun, he can direct you and give you a lot of help.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"
    L-2311 :)

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    its easy as baking chicken. no class needed, check google vids.

That's what it seems like in all of the videos that I've seen. But then you have that guy on every forum that's like "everyone should start with a single stage and after 5 years of practice... then you can move to a progressive". I'd be nice to be able to ask questions... learn the ropes from someone that has been reloading for a while.

Check the "Brian Enos Forum" section on reloading. Dillon, also has videos (DVD's) on reloading using their machines. Along with googel vids. you really should not have a problem. you can also check with Mr. Fred @ La. Gun, he can direct you and give you a lot of help.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"
    L-2311 :)

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. I've been meaning to drop by La. Gun but haven't had the chance... I'm hoping to find the time to stop by this weekend.

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Ask away. There is a plethora of reloading experience around here.

And ditto on chatting with Fred; for a displaced Yankee, he ain't a half-bad sort...:D

Larry has a lot of experience too.

It looks like this is the route I'll need to take ... doesn't look like any classes are available. I would have liked to get some practice before getting my press. :wtc:

Top Bottom