Reloading Dies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    I have a old rcbs press and would like to get a die set for reloading for the 223. Do I have to get the rcbs dies or can I get different ones, like Lee or something? Are the threads the same for all of them?

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    Thanks. Yeah, I have the ink pad looking deal where you put the case lube and roll them on it. From what I remember in the old days you could get away with neck re-sizing if they were going to be shot in the same rifle, but full length if they were going to be shot in a different one? It's been a while since I reloaded and now I have a bunch of time to roll my own again.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Thanks. Yeah, I have the ink pad looking deal where you put the case lube and roll them on it. From what I remember in the old days you could get away with neck re-sizing if they were going to be shot in the same rifle, but full length if they were going to be shot in a different one? It's been a while since I reloaded and now I have a bunch of time to roll my own again.

If you're shooting a semi-auto I would full length resize. With a bolt gun you can neck size for that 1 rifle.
    Remember, if you get once fired brass from somewhere other than yourself, you'll have to full length resize it also.

Art

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    OK, looks like full length will be the solution. It's for the ar's and we have a couple of different kind. Now to dig out all my old stuff and then shop for dies. THanks nhra and Art.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Ricky, I bought 2 sets of Lee dies, 1 for 55 gr .223 and 1 for match grade at Cabelas, have each one set on a turret charging station, takes me seconds to change between loads, they had plentyin stock, you may want to call before going, about $30 a set, a reloaded about 2K so far, not one glitch, PM if you have any questions

Top Bottom