Rem 870 Problem.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jajbs920

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I've got a 870 super mag that shoots, pumps and ejects, but it won't load a shell from the tube magazine. When it ejects the empty, the live shells just stay put in the mag. I can manually remove them by pushing the keeper on the inside of the receiver, but not by pumping the action. Can someone give me a clue as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I've got a 870 super mag that shoots, pumps and ejects, but it won't load a shell from the tube magazine. When it ejects the empty, the live shells just stay put in the mag. I can manually remove them by pushing the keeper on the inside of the receiver, but not by pumping the action. Can someone give me a clue as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!!
    The "keeper" probably is not being activated during cycling. Check for something missing or blocking the movement. Is the action cycling fully? I don't have an 870 to see where the timing of this should occur.

Hope that helps.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have heard of people having problems w/ the super mag due to the longer length of the action. on the 2 action bars, there are 2 angled notches that engage the "keepers" allowing the shell in the mag tube to be released onto the follower. Is it a new gun, or very used? you are 100% sure you are not short shucking it, or there isnt something in the grooves of the reciever that are not allowing it to be shucked all the way rearward? pop out your trigger group, and see if there is anything in there such as gunk/unburnt powder, dirt etc that is keeping them from making full contact.

jajbs920

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Thanks for the responses. I've taken it apart and looked at the action bars and they are making contact with the keepers and the action is fully cycling. It looks like the action bars aren't pushing the keepers far enough out of the way to allow the shell to be released. It's real frustrating when you look at it and there is no assignable cause. I can't stand for something to beat me!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom