Remington 220gr ammo for 300 blk out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Yes. It's not loaded as hot as the Hornady 208g, but shoots well and is quiet.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I disagree. I had one round not even go off after a full hit in the primer from my Remington 700 AAC .300 blackout rifle and I frequently see fliers in a 5-shot group from this ammo. The Hornady 208 A-max from this rifle is incredibly quiet and significantly more consistently accurate. Again this in a bolt action so I'm not sure what accuracy level you are looking for. The Hornady 110 V-max...is INCREDIBLY accurate and I can put every round in a 0.5" (or better) group.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I disagree. I had one round not even go off after a full hit in the primer from my Remington 700 AAC .300 blackout rifle and I frequently see fliers in a 5-shot group from this ammo. The Hornady 208 A-max from this rifle is incredibly quiet and significantly more consistently accurate. Again this in a bolt action so I'm not sure what accuracy level you are looking for. The Hornady 110 V-max...is INCREDIBLY accurate and I can put every round in a 0.5" (or better) group.
    Wow, I'm wondering what the twist rate is in that barrel. My .300 is built on the AR platform with a pistol gassed 10.5" melonite coated barrel, 1:8 twist. And I'm getting better groups with most of the 220gr stuff, but the Remington shoots the tightest group through my gun. I've not had a single failure after more than 200 rounds. Of course, it's not a long range build, but accurate none the less. The Hornady was higher priced and I bought 200 rounds of it before I'd bought anything else. Except for some PNW I bought recently, it shoots the worst group. Wish I'd spent the money on the Remington.

Last edited:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Wow, I'm wondering what the twist rate is in that barrel. My .300 is built on the AR platform with a pistol gassed 10.5" melonite coated barrel, 1:8 twist. And I'm getting better groups with most of the 220gr stuff, but the Remington shoots the tightest group through my gun. I've not had a single failure after more than 200 rounds. Of course, it's not a long range build, but accurate none the less. The Hornady was higher priced and I bought 200 rounds of it before I'd bought anything else. Except for some PNW I bought recently, it shoots the worst group. Wish I'd spent the money on the Remington.
    You may be right about length and twist. My 7.5" blackout AR likes the heavy stuff better.

The 700 is 5R rifled 1:7 twist at 16" long.

When I tell you I don't think there is a more accurate .300 blackout rifle than this one with 110 v-max, I'd put it up against anything. The .5" group is 5 rounds at 100 yds through a kestrel .308 suppressor

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418703251763.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1418703251763.jpg
      221.5 KB · Views: 64
    Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You may be right about length and twist. My 7.5" blackout AR likes the heavy stuff better.

The 700 is 5R rifled 1:7 twist at 16" long.

When I tell you I don't think there is a more accurate .300 blackout rifle than this one with 110 v-max, I'd put it up against anything. The .5" group is 5 rounds at 100 yds through a kestrel .308 suppressor
    yeah, I can't make that load work for me and stay quiet at the same time. If you happen to have any of that 220gr Remington left though, I'd gladly trade you the Hornady 208 grainers I have left. ;)

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Also. I wouldn't trust velocity data from semi-autos. Way too much spent gas on action movement that affects velocity. Take that all with a grain of salt. I'll tell you what, I'll chrono my Remington with the loads I pictured and let you know if his data stacks up

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Also. I wouldn't trust velocity data from semi-autos. Way too much spent gas on action movement that affects velocity. Take that all with a grain of salt. I'll tell you what, I'll chrono my Remington with the loads I pictured and let you know if his data stacks up

I don't imagine they're shooting them through a 10.5" upper for sure. Makes me want to shoot a few through the chrony now that you mention it though. Ideally, I'd like to start loading my own for a custom load for my rifle, but don't want to fool with cutting down the brass. I'm told anything less than 187gr won't cycle through an AR when loaded to subsonic velocities, which is a shame because I've grown rather fond of the Sierra 168gr 30 cal projectiles over the years.

Last edited:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Exactly! I just wish my 168, 165, and 150 would cross over! I have everything for. 308. I also have built new .300 from cutting and trimming .308 brass already...it wasn't easy. I am thinking of building a jig to hold brass to cut them down closer to trim height quicker. I have tons of .223 (too much), and it would be nice to have a couple of thousand rounds of .300

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Exactly! I just wish my 168, 165, and 150 would cross over! I have everything for. 308. I also have built new .300 from cutting and trimming .308 brass already...it wasn't easy. I am thinking of building a jig to hold brass to cut them down closer to trim height quicker. I have tons of .223 (too much), and it would be nice to have a couple of thousand rounds of .300
    I bought a bulk of .300 AAC brass on a deal a while back and haven't gone any further. In fact, the bench is still set up for 44 mag that I was loading this past summer. Looking forward to nasty winter cabin fever days approaching.

NORSEWOLF

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Question for all 300 BLK experienced guy.
    I have a 16" 1in8 twist 300BLK. Upper was built by
    Big Jake Welch. I trying to decide on optic. Ill be using for hunting both deer & hogs.
    Deer here in Louisiana and hogs in Texas.
    50 To 300 yard shots. I want good low light use.
    I've have a Vortex 30mm 4x16x50 SF on a Bolt action that works good.
    I want to purchase a new optic for this rifle.

Recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,Norsewolf

Top Bottom