Remington 700 adl or Savage 110

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would you rather buy

• Savage 110 Syn stock w/ Simmons scope

Votes: 6 31.6%
    • Remington 700 ADL W/ wood stock and nikon scope

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Are you going to modify it?

Rem700 is a great platform, especially if you're going to build on it but if it's going to be an out of the box hunting or target platform, the Savage is hard to beat.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Either one is a good platform to work with. I voted for the Rem 700, but I own a Sav 110. Nothing against the 110, but I perfer a wood stock.

Either one you get, you should put some quality optics on it and float the barrel if it's not done already.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Id take a Model 70 Winchester over them both, but truth is the savage 110 action is stronger. I was told this by a Metalurgist who tested them both. Then we go onto the triggers, std 700 trigger sucks hinny, while the savage trigger can be worked. On to the bbl.. the savage barrel is typically a bit heavier than the 700 and gives the obvious advantage.

Fact is, buy what you like as most of the differences arent anything that will matter in day to day use. Which rifle would i trust my life to under tough conditions in the wilderness? Savage without a doubt. Want to find out, take a rem 700 bolt and boil it, dry it then put it in your freezer, do the same with the savage.. savage will fire when cooler. I watched this done once, reason was the savage bolt has a larger firing pin canal, (yea sloppier) thus it always fires. Now unless there has been any changes this is still fact, i cant be 100% sure as i watched this quite some years ago. Savage is underrated.. but youll find alot of them used in the north and canada/alaska areas. Sure you prolly wont be dealing with that issue thus, matter of personal choice. Just thought id expand on my opinion.

Splnut

Wannabe Deer Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, La.
    I definitely am looking for one that will fire when called upon and be fairly accurate and LR has brought up several things i've already heard so i think the Savage will be the one i pick up...As i'm not to interested in modifying a gun other then floating the barrel...Now that may change later on when times and money aren't so tough to come by...Thanks for the input LongRange

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    The bottom one is pretty much what you have selected. If you want to shoot it let me know.

CASH039.jpg

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Tim thats a damn fine rifle, Everyone knows i spent alot of bucks on my guns, but fact is, on any given day @100yrs, the difference between that 110 and one of my 4,000 dollar weatherby might be .25" grouping difference. I used to have a 110 in a .243 that i could shoot sub-moa groups @250 yrds. I have a very hard time doing that with either of my guns and i have over 10k invested in them.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I just got that from my brother and havent shot it yet, dont even have any ammo for it. After deer season which ends Sunday, unless someone has a primitive they want to sell cheap, I plan putting a few rounds down range through that. Although I hear the wabbits are running, so might have to jump into that game.

Top Bottom