Remington/Bushmaster ACR updates and a question.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I have been reading a lot about this rifle and have been waiting and waiting for the release of it. So I thought I would post some of the more recent info on the rifle.

From what I understand Remington is controlling the release to the military and Bushmaster is in charge of civilian production. Both have same parent company so big deal.

Here is some info on the rifle it is projected to be released first half of 2010. :rolleyes:

I have also read that the retail is around 1700.00 that would be a nice break from the SCAR. Good gosh that is a chunk of change.

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/ACR/acr.htm#/intro

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgVfnA-2aA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgVfnA-2aA[/ame]

One of the questions I have is about the 6.5mm round. From what I understand it is going to be a Remington round not the 6.5mm grendel that has become somewhat popular. The interesting thing about the ACR is that it is supposedly interchangeable with AR-15 barrels. If that is true it will be awesome.

Also I here that the trigger group supposedly can be changed with current AR-15 trigger kits. If all of this holds true it might be a lot of fun to own.

My question comes from a post I saw on some website and I was wondering if it was possible to do. For some reason this doesn't seem possible to me so I thought I would run it by some of you guys.

"Hey, no biggie, the ACR’s supposed to be able to take modified AR barrels anyway. Just combine a 6.5mm Grendel barrel with a 7.62×39 bolt, and there you go."

Will this work?

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Well in that video I understood it would be available in 6.8 SPC, which is Remington's Special Purpose Cartridge and the 6.5 Grendel in addition to the 223/5.56 platform.

Remington does not to my knowledge make a 6.5 cartridge that will fit on a 223/5.56 rifle. The 260 Remington which is .264/6.5mm would only work on a 308 platform. This is also true for 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmore, and depending on what platform things like the 6.5x284, 6.5x55 etc.

A 308 bolt matches up with many of the 6.5 cartridges. 308 is a 7.62 cartridge and the 6.5 Grendel is a shorter 6.5 cartridge that works in AR platforms so I don't think it would be impossible to use a 7.62x39 bolt.

I don't know though.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yeah , she's kinda cute . Watch the video again and notice how she stares at the rifle with this weird look on her face . Like she's looking at a sex toy with fresh batteries .:cool:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Just imagine what she can do with a 50 BMG can? :eek3:

Here it is by a 22 can. You think she can take it?

cousins.jpg

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    So I have been keeping up with other posts and the MSRP is 1800-2400. After all the hoopla dies down what would a retailer sell this thing for? I don't know what the markup is on rifles.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Shot one with a can in full auto at the Fort Benning match as part of a stage.:naughty:

They had two on the stage look like it ran just fine.

I'll keep my JP rifle! Thank You! :boink:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    People pay in excess of $1200 for an AR-15; I don't see why paying $1700 for something more advanced than any AR out there would be such a big deal.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    People pay in excess of $1200 for an AR-15; I don't see why paying $1700 for something more advanced than any AR out there would be such a big deal.

The design may be more advanced, but hell the thing is like 70% plastic. Manufacturing costs are probably even lower than an AR. But they do have all those R&D costs to recoup...

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I figure they'll end up like the Scar, selling over their MSRP for some time after initial release.

I've also heard that while Magpul originally wanted to keep the price around $1600, that the MSRP may end up being around $2,400.

All of this is mere speculation as of now. I'm expecting all the details to be revealed at SHOT, so just grin and bear it until then.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The design may be more advanced, but hell the thing is like 70% plastic. Manufacturing costs are probably even lower than an AR. But they do have all those R&D costs to recoup...

That's true.

...and like many other things in this world, you usually pay more for the name.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom