Remington/Bushmaster ACR updates and a question.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Dealer cost is above 2100 from what my friends at Shot are reporting. I think I prefer the SCAR. I was told to wait until after Shot to buy a SCAR. I think less than 2K was unrealistic when LWRC and POF piston rifles are selling for that much.

I seem to hold FN to be higher quality than Bushmaster, but I guess we'll see when the ACR vs SCAR shoot out and reviews start.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Holy Geebus, that price is ridiculous.

Well I guess I'll take my eyes off the Masada and put them back on something more reasonable like the MSAR STG.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    As much as I tried to lie to myself and keep hope alive, I knew it would end up like this.

Realistically, I knew $1600 or so was a bit...optimistic. I was prepared for it to hover around $2k, but I was hoping for less.

What I REALLY don't understand is why Bushmaster's early literature said 1/7, and somehow they screwed that up and went with 1/9; and also, how the Remington version is right around 7 pounds, but Bushy's ACR is over 8. That's ridiculous.

Oh and let's not forget the barrel contour. Yuck. You go through the trouble of using cold hammer forged barrels, but with a 1/9 twist and an M4 contour, come again? I will never understand, lol.

For that price with those specs, they can keep it. I'll wait and see what becomes of it, but I was really hoping for the best.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    The safety selector is horrible on the ACR. A true pita to manipulate. It is made of plastic and feels like you are going to break it off when switching it around.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom