Remington R-25

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • La Rebel

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    I've been considering the purchase of one of these rifles. I don't own an AR type rifle but, have plenty of hunting guns. I'm thinking I'd like to go with this platform so I can have several different hunting calibers in one rifle (308, 7mm-08 & 243). I assume all I would have to do is get a barrel for each caliber? Haven't seen any spare barrels for sale. Would I have to go to Remington for barrels? I understand that DPMS makes the R-25 for Remington but, I don't see any 243 or 7mm-08 barrels for sale on their website. If you can only get barrels from Remington does anybody know what they cost?

Thanks

Cartophilus

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Mandeville
    Im not sure how much a replacement barrel would cost, but I'd have to think that it would require more than just a barrel. Not sure about that though. In any case, I have a buddy selling a .243 r-25 that is basically a new rifle. Pm me if interested and I will put you in touch with him.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    As far as changing barrels, all that would be required would be the barrel and bolt for a dpms lr308 style upper. It would probably just be easier to get an upper in each caliber rather than swap barrels.

You can get barrels from pretty much anywhere that sells ar parts, just make sure its for a dpms upper.

Top Bottom