Remington Recall

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    Per the recall website:

WARNING:
    STOP USING YOUR RIFLE. Any unintended discharge has the potential for causing injury or death. Immediately stop using your rifle until Remington can inspect it to determine if the XMP trigger has excess bonding agent used in the assembly process, which could cause an unintentional discharge and, if so, specialty clean and restore it to a safe operating condition. If you own a rifle subject to this recall, Remington will provide shipping, inspection, specialty cleaning, and return at no cost to you. DO NOT attempt to diagnose or repair your rifle yourself.

BlueHeaven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Kenner, La
    I think the repairs will be in the thousands and the wait time for a return will be as long as the batfe sending your class III paperwork back.
    I understand they are owning up to a defect, but they need a better way to get this corrected.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    You could get an aftermarket replacement trigger and avoid all the hassle. It is a nice upgrade anyway.

Remounting & re zeroing the scope should not be that big of a deal.

Sending it off sucks.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Not to be a smartazz but, some don't have a safety as they are for bench rest. Make sure you get one with a safety.

Timney, Rifle Basix, Jewell. Probably some others I cant think of at the moment. As to the way they shoot no preference. The Jewell is nice but more money. Jewell is all stainless and 3 way adjustable on the rifle in the stock.

This is all based on if you feel comfortable not sending the rifle back for the recall.

Don't get a Jewell for an AR though.

Last edited:

drack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Jacksonville Fla
    It's my understanding that Remington has been aware of the safety issue for many years but refused to issue a recall because of the necessary expense. At the time they finally agreed that the "fix" should be applied, the cost was only about 50 cents (so I read ). But they refused to do the "right-thing" and a few people caused damages by accidental discharges and a few deaths were caused by these discharges. As Magdump stated earlier in these posts, they knew about the possible serious situation for many years but because of "profit" margin they remained silent. Please don't take this wrong.....these FEW defective weapons do not indicate that the Model 700 and Model 7 rifles are bad. Over 5 million have been manufactured and sold so far and they are fantastic to say the least. My displeasure is with Remington for their apparent disregard for public safety.
    As for me (and I speak for me only) I choose to avoid Remington products and instead purchase Winchester,Savage,Browning or Mauser type rifles. I mean no disrespect to any Remington owner.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    For a recoil on a trigger that's been in use for 8 years??
    I believe they updated the trigger a few years ago, but the rifle has had documented problems since the 70's or earlier with firing either randomly with no pull of the trigger or when the safety is activated. They should have taken the 5 cent per rifle pill then, as recommended by the engineer (Mike Walker) that designed it.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/New-...-and-allegations-of-misfirings-105207629.html

Last edited:

Lone Ranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah I hope not too long... Waiting on my box to ship mine out.

I hope things go well for you. Last year I bought a new Remington 750 in 35 Whelen and it failed to eject. I called Remington and they promptly mailed me FedEx stickers and within a couple of weeks I had my gun and it functions fine now. Later I took my Ruger Hawkeye to Maine on a bear hunt and had Remington brand .35 Whelen ammo. I had earlier shot numerous rounds of this same ammo with no problem, however the guide took me to the range and I opened a new box of this ammo and experienced miss fires. Luckily I had an extra rifle(1895 Marlin 450) so I had a great hunt. When I returned home I called Remington and immediately they sent me the mailing stickers. They wound up offering me 2 boxes of ammo. I suspected headspace issues, but when I asked what was the problem, they were very evasive. They never admitted a problem, but were prompt in replacing the ammo and I experienced no more miss fires.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom