Requirements for a FTF gun purchase

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have heard mixed things: notarized bill of sale, bill of sale, etc.
    I would think that a bill of sale would be good in case the gun came up stolen or used in a crime.
    What does the man say is required?

Also, if not required, a bill of sale isn't too much to ask? Y/N

oh and just pistols, rifles, and shotguns. no rocket launchers or full autostuff...

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    It is completely up to what you and the buyer negotiate. I have only bought/sold a few guns FTF and each time we just exchanged the weapon for cash.

Same. I did one once at the seller's request but he is a member here so I had no issue with it. That gun has since left my hands anyway.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    1. Pants of buyer or/and seller must be worn above the buttocks.
    2. Be sure you are dealing with an honest person.
    3. Firm Handshake.

I think that if you think you might need a bill of sale, you shouldnt be dealing with that person. But if they want one then do it anyway lol

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    1. Pants of buyer or/and seller must be worn above the buttocks.
    2. Be sure you are dealing with an honest person.
    3. Firm Handshake.

I think that if you think you might need a bill of sale, you shouldnt be dealing with that person. But if they want one then do it anyway lol
    Guess these guys don't qualify?:o

baggy-jeans-2.jpg

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I always like to do them on both ends. Guns tend to change hands many times. I am never worried about the person I am dealing with. But if the gun has been through five people, well its good to protect yourself in todays world.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    The only real requirements ar ehtat for handguns, they are an LA resident, for longguns they are a resident of LA or a neighboring state I believe? And you can have no reason to beleive that they are in fact not legally supposed to possess a firearm (i.e. you can't have reason to beleive they are legally crazy or a felon)

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    law requires nothing other than that you don't knowingly transfer the weapon to an intelligible person; such as a convicted felon, mentally handicapped, addicted drug user, underage, etc.

past that trade cash for goods and move on. I've done handwritten bill of sales before, I don't care either way.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Yea make them wait 7 days while you do a background check,lol.

Just because you are a felon doesnt stop you from owning a gun in Louisiana. 10yrs after conviction, you can own one. Of course there is the fereral restrictions that say no felon can have a gun, but they arent used unless the felon USES the firearm during the commision of a crime. Doing a Check doesnt let you off the hook either, maybe criminally but not civily, people have sold guns to eligible people, that person shot someone and their family sued the guy who sold it to him. Then you have Straw purchases, and another 20 loopholes.
    The only reason i dont speed 30mph over is so i can own guns,lol.

I keep reciepts on all my guns i buy from a dealer, but FTF, only the seller need worry, you can BUY a gun from an Ineligible all you want. As for FTF for the seller, like someone said, use ur head, but going into a bunch of paperwork is kinda the same as what we all hate... Infringement.. we have to deal with it from the Gov.. but eachother?

Top Bottom