Reserve Officers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I wanted to make sure all of the reserve officers on here had a chance to hear about this. For those that don't know, there is a Reserve Police Officers Association. http://www.reservepolice.org/ I'm not currently a member myself, but am looking into it as well.

Every year the RPOA holds an international conference, it's usually in places like Orlando, the Caribbean, etc. This year it's being held in Lafayette, LA. It's a great chance for local reserves whose departments can't afford to send them all over the country to attend. They're still working on putting all of the information up on the RPOA website, but I can tell you now that it will be April 5-10. Some of the training available will be the patrol rifleman's course (POST certified), advanced firearms, and rappelling. There is a $75 registration fee that goes towards the ammo, breakfast and lunch each day. Once you arrive at the hotel (Crowne Plaza Acadiana, and we do have a group rate code for those interested) transportation will be provided to the different training sites.

There will be other talks, training, and events going on throughout the conference and you can participate in as much or as little as you like. If you want to show up for the registration get together, go home until a training event you want to attend and come back you're more then welcome to. If nothing else it's a chance to meet other reserve officers from around the world and get some good training in. All of our instructors are Louisiana POST instructors, so cert's can be brought back to your departments.

If you want more information the RPOA website should be updating the events section soon, you can message me, or shoot me an email alexanderthomason at gmail dot com.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Guys, my house is about 25 minutes from Lafayette, if anybody who is NOT local wants to attend and needs a place to stay send me a PM.

I can make arrangements in my guest house/class room to welcome a few people in it, might not be as comfortable as staying at a hotel but its free and safe.

Thanks for Serving and Donating your time to make our Communities a better place.

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    There is a Louisiana organization for reserves--LARPO. Louisiana Association of
    Reserve Peace Officers. They hold a convention every year in March or April in a different city. Went every year when I was a reserve--seminars on Saturday, pistol match(teams) on Friday and great fun all around.

Top Bottom