Review: Rossi 38 special 2-inch barrel 5-shot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    Okay, I purchased this little devil from Academy along with a pack of 50 hollow points for a grand total (including tax) of $294. This little revolver seems very solid and resembles the S&W version very closely. I got the blue/black finish. With its rubber handle, it fits my hand excellently without any signs of discomfort. The barrel is rifled and the sights are terrific.

I went to BassPro to fire it for the first time, and this little dude is smooth. Recoil is minimal. It is a lot less severe as compared to a .40 S&W Sigma. Every shot was within 3 to 4 inches of the last since I haven't had much time with it. This was done on Remington 38 Special 130 grain cartridges.

This is not a target shooter since I think it is not as precise as a higher priced revolver, which is something I have yet to compare it to. This revolver is best suited for personal safety in the car. I don't recommend it for the home since a shotgun would be far more superior in such a scenario.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, it gets a 7.5 mainly since this revolver has shown to be really comfortable.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom