Rifle Dynamics AK to M4 Adapter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Not sure if some of you remember but I had mentioned that while speaking to Mr. Jim Fuller at the last AK course that I was able to attend he mentioned about "working" on an adapter that would allow to mount an AR stock on to an AK.

WELL, it is now a reality and has been tested for a couple of months and was given the G2G, it is now listed on their web store. The great thing about it is that it wont drop the stock like the setup available from Tapco which lowers the cheek-eye-sight relation, this one allows to not only to compress-extend the stock for shorter shooters (female-kids) but also allows to add a riser (CTR Stock). It also helps to keep a consistency between platforms by keeping the same stock and using the same one point sling setup on both (AK & AR) .

It is probably not for everybody since it takes away from the "image" of the traditional rifle but for those looking to bring the AK platform to the new century now there is a new option in the market.

The picture was taken from ORCA Industries FB page, there are some more available on RD page and FB.

3xjz4n7l233dji138vyi.jpg

Quote:

Jim Fuller and Rifle Dynamics have wanted to bring this stock adapter to market for a long time. Earl Pittman of IWC got involved and helped refine Fuller’s design to bring this project home. The Rifle Dynamics adapter offers the somewhat unique feature of allowing the use of an AR-15 end plate and different sling set-ups. This feature allows many different sling-mounting options for the individual users. Any sling adapter that fits on the AR buffer tube should work like the MagPul ASAP shown in the photos. This adapter is easy to install without modification to the AK with no need to cut off the stock tang, as it fits inside the adapter and tube.

Travis Haley with his company Haley Strategic Partners promotes networking among industry leaders with his Disruptive Industries courses. During these get-togethers, like-minded companies meet and set up collaboration on new projects. This Rifle Dynamics Stock Adapter is a shining result of this process between Impact Weapons Components and Rifle Dynamics.

The New Rifle Dynamics RDAK-M-4 stock Adapter, designed by Jim Fuller and manufactured by IWC. Made in the USA!

http://www.rifledynamics.com/shop/index.php

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The AK builder looks like a slick setup. I'm sure the RD is top notch but you'd be looking at $100 by the time you buy the buffer tube, and wouldn't play well with the RS AKM mount.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm not seeing why that would be the case. What issue do you see?

If you have an RS mount, you know the top cover can still be easily removed, but *barely*. Instead of popping straight up, you unlatch and slide mostly straight back. The RD adapter looks like it would make it damn tricky if not impossible.

stock-adaptor3.jpg

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If you have an RS mount, you know the top cover can still be easily removed, but *barely*. Instead of popping straight up, you unlatch and slide mostly straight back. The RD adapter looks like it would make it damn tricky if not impossible.

stock-adaptor3.jpg

I just deleted my previous post prior to your reply because I figured out what you were referring to after watching a video on the RS mount. You'd have to remove the mount to get the cover off with the RD system.

Top Bottom