Rimfire rifle fans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Just curious to see who still enjoys bringing the 22s, 17s, etc out and has one or a few. Lately myself and another friend have been using them more frequently due to cost and lower noise. We have 230 yards on his land lords property to use and they don't mind the rimfire rifles but prefer we don't break out the center fires (noise) so that's another reason we pull them out more.

Currently I have a Marlin 795 that's all stock aside from an Outdoor Connections sling. I also have 5 mags for it. I've been considering adding Tech Sights to it if I keep it.

About a week ago I got a CZ 455 American in a trade. It is 22WMR. Got a lot of pop for a small bullet. Very smooth rifle. It is currently sporting my Caldwell bipod and I bought a Nikon ProStaff Rimfire scope for it today in 3-9x40 (Very nice, BTW). Hoping to sight it in soon.

This evening I'm picking up a Ruger 10/22 stainless-synthetic rifle from a friend. It comes with a 30 round mag, scope rings, and some ammo. I've been considering making it a middle of the road rifle with a fixed 4x scope but I need to get my hands on it first to make a sure choice.

I'll get some pictures of them tonight or tomorrow.

What about everyone else?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Buy suppressors and shoot all the toys!!!

I love my 10/22. I put the archangel marauder stock on it and it's so much fun. People always want to know what it is and have a blast playing with it

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I've got the Colt M4 22 and buddy has got the HK 416 22... Love them both but after fireing both alot would rather the HK I think. Very simular guns though.
    58575.jpg
    2245200_ls.jpg

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have two Marlin mod 60's and a 10/22. I love to shoot them for the same reasons you do. I have been busting a few snakes in the pond behind my house this year with the 10/22, takes care of them and don't upset the neighbors. Have fun.

Bam Bam

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Yep rimfire fan here. Started shooting them a lot when my wife and myself started dating 11 years ago, and never stopped. I just recently learned the joy of Aquila super colibri rounds for back yard plinking with our henry 001a. Also have a 10/22, mark iii, and an old stevens or H&r that my mother in law gave me a couple of years ago. Cleaned it up and put it in the safe.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I've got the Colt M4 22 and buddy has got the HK 416 22... Love them both but after fireing both alot would rather the HK I think. Very simular guns though.

Those look really cool. I really like the M&P 15-22, atleast after holding them at the gun store. I wouldn't mind having one but I have more guns than storage space right now :mamoru:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Buy suppressors and shoot all the toys!!!

I love my 10/22. I put the archangel marauder stock on it and it's so much fun. People always want to know what it is and have a blast playing with it

Suppressors are bloody expensive :eek3: But it's on my to-do list for the AR.

That Marauder stock looks pretty freakin' slick. I may have to look into that!

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Love my Ruger SR22. Shooting 525 rounds and not feeling like you emptied your bank account is great!

*Edit
    Oops missed the rifle part. Had a 15/22. Was a great gun that never had any hiccups with it.

Last edited:

eradicater

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Alexandria
    Check out rimfirecentral.com. Its a great site with a LOT of information. I have a 10/22 and love it. They are cheap to start but can get very expensive once you catch the rimfire bug.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I've got a marlin 60 with an nc star 6-24x50 scope on it. I've also got a sig hammerli trailside, beretta neos, high standard sporting, ruger single six, and an naa mini.
    I plan on getting a bolt .22 soon.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Check out rimfirecentral.com. Its a great site with a LOT of information. I have a 10/22 and love it. They are cheap to start but can get very expensive once you catch the rimfire bug.

I've been reading on there a lot. Great site.

I just got back home with my 'new' 10/22. My buddy said 'I just don't mess with it anymore. Why bother when I have 308?'

Psh, he just doesn't know what good affordable fun is. Fine by me. I already have it taken apart to clean, then I'm shopping.

chads7

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Picayune
    I have a Sig 522 and a Marlin 917vs both great guns.
    The 522 will eat anything, and after ~1500 rounds I had only 1 failure to feed(few failure to fires but that was the ammo not the gun)
    The 17 is just accurate as all hell, my only complaint is the trigger pull and that everyone asks for me to pull out the "Pretty Gun"

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I have the M&P 22 and the ruger 10/22. Both great guns and very accurate. I spend more time shooting these than my AR. I also have the ruger sr22 pistol and it is a very nice shooting gun. You really cant beat the cost of shooting a thousand rounds of ammo in one range trip.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I shoot my Rugers more than anything else I have due to ammo prices.
    I have a 10/22 and a single-six. I prefer shooting 22wmr out of the single-six, though, because I like the extra flash and noise.
    I have a redfield 3-9x for my 10/22, but enjoy it more shooting with the iron sights.

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I shoot my Rugers more than anything else I have due to ammo prices.
    I have a 10/22 and a single-six. I prefer shooting 22wmr out of the single-six, though, because I like the extra flash and noise.
    I have a redfield 3-9x for my 10/22, but enjoy it more shooting with the iron sights.

This is my 2nd Ruger 10/22. I got the first in a trade and never even fired it. It was literally a brand new, never fired rifle. Ended up selling it.

I'm thinking about a Butler Creek folder on this one with NoDak iron sights or small holo style red dot and a sling. I figure being a high cap rifle I'd like it to be a serious mid-low range plinker. I may put my Marlin 795 back into its Boyd thumb hole stock and stick my other Nikon 2-7x32 on top of that. I can't bare to get rid of it because I've had it a couple years now, since brand new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom