Road Rage after the Monsterjam in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    I went to the Monster Jam on Saturday Night. We had 2 car loads of us that attended. Once it was over we were parked in the parking garage across from the Dome on the 5th floor. Traffic was stalled for 1.5 hours and we did not move. I was 2 cars behind my kids and grandkids and as they were merging a guy in a Red truck brandishes a automatic pistol and tells them that they did not want to do that. My kids reported it to the New Orleans Police on the 5th floor and asked him to have them stopped at the ground level by the deputies on the ground. They did not do that and again the guy pulled up next to them again and brandished his weapon.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I went to the Monster Jam on Saturday Night. We had 2 car loads of us that attended. Once it was over we were parked in the parking garage across from the Dome on the 5th floor. Traffic was stalled for 1.5 hours and we did not move. I was 2 cars behind my kids and grandkids and as they were merging a guy in a Red truck brandishes a automatic pistol and tells them that they did not want to do that. My kids reported it to the New Orleans Police on the 5th floor and asked him to have them stopped at the ground level by the deputies on the ground. They did not do that and again the guy pulled up next to them again and brandished his weapon.

So was it the same guy?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I expected to hear all the pot is good beer is bad ads as in another post.

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I went to Monster Jam on Saturday night. Was on the bottom floor of the parking garage. Actually got out pretty quick. Perhaps 20-25 minutes at worst. Was a great show. I did hear some crazy stuff going on in the garage including what sounded like a collision. I couldn't wait to get my car out of there.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    We were on the 4th floor and there was an a-hole who screeched tires turning around to try and cut in another line and people started getting a little crazy. Had two kids in the car and was worried there was going to be shots fired. I really think they could have done a better job at traffic control with that lot. It really made an enjoyable evening turn into a nightmare. I will never park in that lot again.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I'm glad I stay home...couldn't stand to know some idiot would die or get shot at my expense because he wanted to show his pop gun at me !!!

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana

You're welcome, I believe I'm the one that got traffic flowing... lol

We were one of the first vehicles out of the dome parking and there was an NOPD traffic cone (officer that doesn't understand traffic control or have a map of the CBD) standing in the middle of the road, stopping traffic coming out of the dome to allow pedestrians to cross. Now, there are two ways to leave that garage. Go left or right on Dixon. The traffic was stopped to the left due to the aforementioned traffic cone, to the right the Monster Truck pit area was set up (Between the dome and the arena) but you could go right on Dixon and then jog left onto Le Rouge which brings you directly to the interstate) After about 20-25 minutes of sitting and staring at the ignorance being exuded, I suggested rather impolitely that we be allowed to go to Le Rouge and it "dawned" on him that there was NO traffic going down Le Rouge.. (Lightbulb lit up, I believe I actually saw it... ) and he got the attention of one of the drivers that was stuck trying to go left and motioned him to go right and we were back on the interstate in three minutes.

Now, not defending this idiot but tempers were flaring due to the lack of control going into and heading out of the dome (the people that sat in front of us showed up at around 8pm, stated that they took the exit for the dome at 6:00 and didn't get into a parking space until 7:30. The incompetence of the NOPD is astounding at times, I cannot fathom that they can get 70k+ into the dome on Sunday on time, millions in and out of the city for Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest... but cannot handle 40k for a Monster Truck show..

Last edited:

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    we went.we got in around 7:20. Parked on the 6th floor of the arena garage. It tooks us over an hour to get out of the garage. Had no problems except when we got to the bottom floor almost exiting the garage . I had turned off the headlights to keep from blinding people (auto lights) while sitting an hr. A NOPD officer started screaming at us at the top of his lungs to turn them on. she was trying to turn them on and He turned and started walking off accross the street. she could not get them on and traveled about another 3 ft and he turned around and had a damn fit!! Really? I know he probably had his hands full with a bunch of idiots. I dont bash
    because i know what they go thru daily but this guy acted like an ass! when all he had to do is get out attention and tell us the lights were off.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    we usually sneak out as soon as the end is almost over and beat the traffic and undesirables. But my two boys decided they didn't want to go to the jam this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom