Ron Paul Explains His Defense of Liberty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    he's right... unfortunately, most people (including me sometimes) may not be able to wrap their minds around it. he nails it though with the heroin example; if it did become legalized, how many would actually start using it?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I think too many people get caught up on the "legalizing drugs" part of it and miss the bigger picture. I don't think it's that he wants drugs to be legal, it's that he doesn't want the federal government to be the one's saying what we can and can't do.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    His platform is valid, but he cannot win! That's unfortunate! I would love to see this Libertarian view get a shot at 4 years, whether it be Paul or someone else. Just to see.

But it ain't happening! You have an enemy of freedom in the White House, and he needs to be defeated no matter what. So if it ends up being another Republican lapdog in the end, hold your nose if you have to when you pull the lever, but this country is going to have to go Republican just to wipe the dog doo of the country's shoe.

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    His platform is valid, but he cannot win! That's unfortunate! I would love to see this Libertarian view get a shot at 4 years, whether it be Paul or someone else. Just to see.

But it ain't happening! You have an enemy of freedom in the White House, and he needs to be defeated no matter what. So if it ends up being another Republican lapdog in the end, hold your nose if you have to when you pull the lever, but this country is going to have to go Republican just to wipe the dog doo of the country's shoe.

Wasn't it Bush who demolished most of our freedoms recently? The Patriot Act and such.

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not talking about the man I'm talking about his actions. The Patriot Act gave the gov tons of power to wiretap anything without a warrant. He is against gay marriage and actually supported the idea of amending the constitution to define marriage as a bond between a woman and a man. These aren't liberal policies.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm not talking about the man I'm talking about his actions. The Patriot Act gave the gov tons of power to wiretap anything without a warrant. He is against gay marriage and actually supported the idea of amending the constitution to define marriage as a bond between a woman and a man. These aren't liberal policies.

You have heard? George W. Bush is no longer the president? It's going on 2 1/2 years now.

Are you posting about Ron Paul or not?

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You have heard? George W. Bush is no longer the president? It's going on 2 1/2 years now.

Are you posting about Ron Paul or not?

I'm replying to your comment that a republican is needed to clean up the mess that Obama has done. Why am I not being allowed to reply to you again? Anywho I like Ron Paul. I think his views are interesting and alot of the stuff he says is spot on.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    My opinion of Ron Paul:
    • Excellent on anti-taxation and on most domestic issues
    • Head in the sand foreign policy, barely different from Barack 0sama's
    • Recent comments on having an "open to ideas" approach to the encroachment of Sharia law in the US are deeply disturbing to me
    • Will NEVER, EVER, be the President of the US

One of the the best comments I've ever read about Paul, which was posted on a hardcore conservative website: "Ron Paul proves that it is possible to have such an open mind that your brains fall out."

The Paulestinians will disagree with me, but I think his batshit-crazy ideas outweigh his good ones. Now, if he could be in a position of power on economic policy, I'd be all for it. Abolish the IRS - hell yeah!

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Bush was about as much of a liberal "Republican" as they come. You're not going to win any debates trying to use him as a point on why not to elect a conservative.

Except that most of the Republicans that make it to the ballot are more of the same, lately.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm replying to your comment that a republican is needed to clean up the mess that Obama has done. Why am I not being allowed to reply to you again? Anywho I like Ron Paul. I think his views are interesting and alot of the stuff he says is spot on.

You can, and you did! The reason a Republican is needed to clean up the mess as you say is because a Democrat has been there for 2.5 years, and a true Independent or Libertarian cannot win. And I think if you polled most of the people outside of the Destructocratic party, they have moved on from GWB.

Last edited:

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    prove it. I didn't go out looking for a gay lover as soon as it was legal somewhere.

That's a poor analogy charlie and you know it....you don't have a propensity for c**k so you ain't gonna try it just because a dude offers it to you.
    Would it be fair to say that junkies became junkies because they had an interest in the effects of the product?
    If so, then it follows that were the product more easily obtainable, more people would attempt to access it.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    My opinion of Ron Paul:
    • Recent comments on having an "open to ideas" approach to the encroachment of Sharia law in the US are deeply disturbing to me

One of the the best comments I've ever read about Paul, which was posted on a hardcore conservative website: "Ron Paul proves that it is possible to have such an open mind that your brains fall out."

The Paulestinians will disagree with me, but I think his batshit-crazy ideas outweigh his good ones. Now, if he could be in a position of power on economic policy, I'd be all for it. Abolish the IRS - hell yeah!

Ron Paul is not an electable candidate right now, and that's unfortunate because it would be very interesting to see how libertarian policies would be implemented in this country. I think he would make a great cabinet member or thrive in an appointed position. I think the irony of all ironies would be to put him in charge of the IRS and watch him demolish it from the inside.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    My opinion of Ron Paul:

He is dead right about everything I have ever heard him say. Our foreign policy is a major reason we are so in debt and have many the economical problems we have. People who really believe in freedom don't just think its for the us citizens but everyone. With that said, we have no right to force another country to do things our way. They should have the freedom to run their country how they want. As a libertarian I believe Sharia law is fine as long as it does not interfear with the bill of rights. As a Christian I am duty bound to try and convert and minister to muslims. The two ideas are not conflicting. One governs how i live, the other governs how i think the government should treat people.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom