Ruger 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Not sure if any of you guys have seen this or not, but I just stumbled upon it a few minutes ago. Figured I would post this up.

img_0003-tfb.jpg

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Interesting, I'm sure it will be pricey though. BEFORE USING THIS FIREARM MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL OF THE OWNERS MANUAL 8 TIMES. OUR LAWYERS THINK PUTTING THIS ON OUR GUNS REDUCES OUR LIABILITY.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    OH BOY!!! ANOTHER 1911!! The market can't possibly have enough of those. Innovation be darned lets all make the same handgun. Although maybe Keltec will be happy that this time Ruger copied someone else's design?

Dave

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    OH BOY!!! ANOTHER 1911!! The market can't possibly have enough of those. Innovation be darned lets all make the same handgun. Although maybe Keltec will be happy that this time Ruger copied someone else's design?

Dave

I LOL'd

I'm waiting for Kel-Tec to come out with a 1911.

mace

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Sulphur
    I agree that there are a lot of 1911's on the market, but then again there are a lot of sports cars too. Does that mean that you don't want or have one just because there are a lot out there? I don't think so, just means that there is another one. Me personally, I think that its a good thing. THe more they produce, the more parts will become readily available when the zombies come too. Heck, I want to see a Kel-Tec 1911, polymer frame.... might be worth a look, but must be a high cap handgun to be unique.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Probably has a mag disconnect safety, heavy trigger and the opposite side of the slide is probably entirely covered with the typical Ruger safety non-sense that they seem to billboard on every firearm they make...

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    The funny part of this whole thing is that this info got leaked by either the magazine or someone else and there's a big hub-bub about it. I like the look of the gun (what little I can see of it.) I like Ruger also. If I were on the market for a 1911, I'd probably put it in the mix for consideration. Sales is what leads everything. Evidently 1911s sell well, hence Ruger decided to make a model.

~rc~

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The picture with the paragraph on the slide is fake. That has been around for several months at least. When they were leading up to announcing the LC9 and everyone was speculating that it could be a 1911 this picture popped up then too. I am not sure about the picture of the magazine cover in the first thread. I haven't seen that before, but it could be legit.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I agree that there are a lot of 1911's on the market, but then again there are a lot of sports cars too.

What if every sports car sold by every company was a 1969 Mustang? You could only get different things to change up the 1969 Mustang but you had to buy a 1969 Mustang.

Dave

Top Bottom