Ruger .45acp auto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    Anybody had any experience with Ruger .45acp auto's? I saw one for sale NIB $450. I'm looking for a .45 auto anyhow and this was tempting but I'd like to hear from folks with hands on experience with them. Thanks.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Have had a P-90DC (Decock only) for years and love it, never had a problem. It's loose and shaky compared to the next generation after that which I believe was a P-97, and the newest version, P-345, is built to even tighter tolerances. I've never shot the newer/newest versions, only my old one, but I can't imagine them having gotten worse rather than better.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have the P95, it's a 9mm but it's pretty decent, especially for the price... Biggest complaint is the size...

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I had a Ruger KP95 in 1997 that I received in a partial trade from a friend who owed me money. Long story short, it was a stove piping POS that Ruger couldn't even fix so I sold it for $200 to a co-worker and he loved it. Shortly after, I purchased a NIB Glock 21 for close to $380 and have been extremely satisfied with its performance.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I had a P97DC (.45 ACP Decocker) for about 2 years before I got rid of it. The trigger pull was long and heavy. It was very top heavy due to the polymer frame and something felt "loose" in it. I think it was the decocking mechanism that rattled. Anyways I sold it and woudn't own another one.

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    Welp, I'm getting a P90. Got a pretty good deal on it (I think) for $330 with 3 mags. Still in the box with less than a box of rounds through it. We'll see how me and that big ole German girl make it. Already got a case of ammo on the way and looking at 500 of HP as carrying rounds.

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ruger .45

I have a P345 that has been a very good weapon. Never had any kind of malfunction, has digested everything I've run through it, and is plenty accurate. Can't say anything bad about it.

Top Bottom