Ruger P95 Hammer Issue

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    My Ruger P95 has an issue, and I'll try my best to explain it. I first noticed it when the decocker/safety was in the "Fire" position and I racked the slide. The hammer did not stay cocked. I flipped the decocker, and put it back onto the fire setting, tried again, and once again it did not stay cocked. Then, being suspicious, I manually pulled the hammer back. It stayed cocked until I put some forward pressure on the hammer with my thumb. With 4-5 lbs of pressure, the hammer dropped. I can't trust the pistol in this condition, so I'm wondering if any of you have run across this problem before, and if there is a simple fix without having to send the firearm back to Ruger. I traded for the firearm, and am not the original owner, so does anyone have any experience with Ruger's customer service as a 2nd owner?

Thanks guys.

twokids

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Oscar, LA.
    If the firearm has been dis-assembled for cleaning make sure that the ejector is moved into the rearward / upward position. I have forgotten to return mine to the proper position after cleaning and the hammer will not stay cocked when the slide is racked back. Hope this helps.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I've called them about my mini-14 on more than one occasion and they've been great. If they can help you find the problem over the phone they will likely send you a replacement part for free.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    If the firearm has been dis-assembled for cleaning make sure that the ejector is moved into the rearward / upward position. I have forgotten to return mine to the proper position after cleaning and the hammer will not stay cocked when the slide is racked back. Hope this helps.

This was the first thing I checked because of how the gun was acting. I'm stumped as to what is going on.

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Took it apart today, and everything seems to be where it belongs. I'm completely baffled. Anyone with an idea, throw it out and I'll try it.

Top Bottom