Ruger TAKEDOWN 10/22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbablair

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Slidell
    Any one have one of these rifles? Looking for a little encouragement to go ahead and buy one:D. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Are you talking about the Ruger 10/22 TAKEDOWN? I've been wanting to get one too. Never read or heard anything bad about them. I just have to figure out which one of the six million versions that I want to buy.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    If I packed as often today as I did in my youth it would be a priority buy.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've got a stainless, threaded with synthetic stock. Really fun little gun.

My only issue is that there is a lack of aftermarket parts/accessories for the takedown. One of the fun things about the 10/22 to me is the ability to modify it to your taste with stocks, barrels, etc. Takedown owners are hard pressed to find anything in that area. Hopefully more companies will follow Tac Sol with stuff like this: http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/1022-takedown-s-bx-barrel .

The takedown feature is cool, but I don't really know how practical or necessary it is. A decent folding stock on a regular 10/22 will reduce the oal considerably and still leaves you with the all the cool barrel options, as well as the ability to shoot while folded.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper. It's still a classic American rifle and I think everyone should own a 10/22, I just see the actual "takedown" feature as more of a novelty. That's not to say that it's not a great gun for youngsters and for just having fun.

wfya6r33ovcbsptq945.jpg

Top Bottom