Running

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    Does anyone run while CCing? Sometimes I think my neighborhood is a bit sketchy. The secret service can run while carrying...I assume there must be a comfortable way of doing this??

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Does anyone run while CCing? Sometimes I think my neighborhood is a bit sketchy. The secret service can run while carrying...I assume there must be a comfortable way of doing this??
    Do you know how they carry and what they carry.

:)

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    go out and buy a fanny pack. Then get you some flip up glasses and one of them poker dealers visors. Take a pic and post it on this forum. Just having fun!:D

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I apologize for laughing, just the image of a dood running through the hood with a fanny pack swinging around like an 80's hair band guitarist is funny.

keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I run, walk, bike, with my LCP in a 4" bellyband I bought through Sportsman's Guide. It doesn't chafe because I wear it below the waistband, over my shorts, with a tee shirt over it. I don't think it would be comfortable around my belly, above the waistband. It does get wet with sweat, be sure to clean and oil it good after, or it will rust, fast. Ask me how I know!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    WHEN I run, I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT with the pocket clip, clipped in the waistband of my shorts, and it does fine as long as the drawstring for the shorts is pulled tight enough. Sweat is a big concern, though, keep after the rust. Kel-Tec sells neck lanyards, too, but I imagine that would bounce a lot when running.

Fisherman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    When I wear shorts or sweats, I carry a full size 1911A1 45 ACP and an extra mag in a Smartcarry and it does just fine. It's in just the right place not to flop around on you and it has something called Cushmax to keep the sweat away from the gun. If you wear it at 11 o'clock it's more comfortable with a large gun like the 1911. I've just never liked tiny guns or tiny calibers.

Can you just see the look on a perps face when you pull a 1911 out of your shorts?

Last edited:

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lol ask aroundlsu. I seem to recall a thread where he was running with some ungodly big and scary dog like a great dane when he tripped and fell losing his gun in the process.:rofl:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Have you ever seen a happy jogger? If I ever do maybe I'll think about it!

Seriously, I had a friend that was USSS years ago. He jogged w/ a .38 snub in a fanny pack. No keltecs back then I guess.

I was chased on a bike by a St. Bernard once. Damned thing looked like a bear was after me! I don't think a .380 would have even bothered that monster!

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    As an added thought - maybe open carrying results in less chafing?
    Yes open carrying causes less chafing but DON'T DO IT. IF you open carry you will cause panic in the streets. Pregnant women will miscarry. Children will start crying uncontrollably. Grown men will curl up in a ball and suck their thumbs. Police SWAT units will arrive and shoot you with little or no warning. Your family will be devistated. All because you didn't want to be chaffed so you gave up your tactical advantage and open carried.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yes open carrying causes less chafing but DON'T DO IT. IF you open carry you will cause panic in the streets. Pregnant women will miscarry. Children will start crying uncontrollably. Grown men will curl up in a ball and suck their thumbs. Police SWAT units will arrive and shoot you with little or no warning. Your family will be devistated. All because you didn't want to be chaffed so you gave up your tactical advantage and open carried.
    It would make a good story for " Sheriff " John Bunnel and the helicopter reporter though . :D

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Slightly OT, but a girl I work with has a shirt that says, "My sport is your sports punishment" :D. Now back to your normally scheduled post.:p

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Slightly OT, but a girl I work with has a shirt that says, "My sport is your sports punishment" :D. Now back to your normally scheduled post.:p

I can see the logic behind that statement. I run 2 times a week 3 miles each time and I honestly HATE it! I dot it to say in shape and as a personal "challenge" to myself. I have heard of people out there who enjoy running. Those people make me sick. On a side note... I had a great run this evening!!

Top Bottom