S&W and Ruger quit CA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    It is incredibly disingenuous of the California legislature to push requirements of a technology that doesn't really exist. Not surprising of course, but it's like requiring all cars sold in the state have autopilot installed or that all smart phones be powered by self-aware artificially intelligent operating systems.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Lawsuits are being filed and I can't really see these laws standing up to a court challenge. Decision is made, laws are struck down, lawyers get paid, politicians get to say they "did something". Lather, rinse, repeat.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    They should put their full weight behind it and stop selling to law enforcement agencies in California to better get the point across.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    They should put their full weight behind it and stop selling to law enforcement agencies in California to better get the point across.

As good as the schadenfreude would be it'd be a pretty terrible business decision for S&W. The LA country sheriff's contract alone was worth around 13,000 new guns.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    As good as the schadenfreude would be it'd be a pretty terrible business decision for S&W. The LA country sheriff's contract alone was worth around 13,000 new guns.

If a lot of these lawmakers get their way that will be the only kind of sale that gun companies will be allowed to make.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    If a lot of these lawmakers get their way that will be the only kind of sale that gun companies will be allowed to make.

No doubt, but dropping police contracts means the well meaning manufacturers lose lots of revenue very quickly which means maybe they go under. If I buy a gun, I might buy a couple of magazines or what have you. Police sales also mean long term support contracts, training, parts and so forth that the just aren't part of the civilian market. California has 116,000 police officers,and that was the most recent figure I could find, from 2000. It'd be insanity from a business perspective to just throw away that many potential sales.

If nothing else, S&W has historically been a very active contributor to gun rights political organizations and candidates. That money's gotta come from somewhere.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Personally if I wanted to control guns I would go after ammunition. No ammo for gun no BANG. That said would you have expected anything less from the Granola State? What isn't fruit is nuts.

Top Bottom