S&W EZ Series Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    So, what's the deal with these S&W EZ pistols in .380 and 9mm?
    I mean, I think the concept is great and I was thinking about getting the .380 version for my wife but I've seen and heard about failures with these guns.
    Failure to feed, long trigger pull, delayed striker and grip safety are the complaints I've heard about these guns.
    Anyone here have any experience with the EZ Series? Good or bad?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I sell quite a few of these.

They're reliable with proven ammunition. Because of the EZ feature, they don't like +P ammo.

The advantages are decent sights, with or without a manual safety, and the easiest slide on the market to manipulate.

Disadvantage is ammo finicky, somewhat. Limited capacity for their size when compared to the LCP Max, or the Sig 365.

Everything is a compromise in the pistol world.

Like I say, . . . , One of my best sellers.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ive had one for a year or so and really like it. It fits my hand well and shoots really good. With ammo being scarce and expensive I’ve not shot it a lot, but we’ve prolly put a couple hundred rounds through it and it’s fired everything we put in it. I like it so much I’ve thought about getting the performance center model. I’m just biding my time as I don’t want to let the money go with the economy being like it is, but one day when I get the urge, I’ll order one and smile the whole time I’m doing it.

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I mean, I think the concept is great and I was thinking about getting the .380 version for my wife but I've seen and heard about failures with these guns.
    Failure to feed, long trigger pull, delayed striker and grip safety are the complaints I've heard about these guns.

Not Striker Fired, but an internal hammer fired. Crisp short take up & reset trigger. Mine, (380) 300+ with zero failures. 9mm version has greater felt recoil.

For an in depth review see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKSYWNVCKs8

Phil S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Baton Rouge, La
    I bought the EZ380 for an old girlfriend with limited firearms experience. I’ve ran it with her without any problems. It’s easy to load and rack and accurate as it needs to be … I think I paid as much for the laser as the gun itself. I loaded it with Hornady Critcal Defense and she packs it around. My only complaint it the redundant manual safety and wish I’d bought the model without it

DH Vidrine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I have the 9mm version. I bought it for my wife. The magazine is easy to load and the slide is easy to draw back. It also shoot well. The magazine is limited to ten rounds. Overall, I think it is a good pistol. I will still keep my CZ 75B.

caper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I’ve fired both the 380 and 9mm and found they both performed well and had no issues. Very manageable as far as racking the slide and recoil and the mags are also very easy to load. IMO either would be well suited for someone who would possibly have weaker strength in their hands.

Top Bottom