S&W Rebate

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I bought an M&P 9c back in the beginning of last September, while Smith & Wesson was running their mail-in rebate for 2 free mags. I sent off the paperwork the day I bought the gun, for 2 12-rd mags. The paperwork said to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery, which is fine, but.... I still haven't gotten them in! :mad:

I emailed back and forth a couple times with a S&W rep. He said my rebate was entered into their system in the beginning of September, but from what he told me, they were apparently understocked for the M-I-Rs. Has anyone else had trouble receiving their mags? If so, were they the same one? Different size/caliber?

Worst part is, apparently they use a 3rd-party company to handle their rebates, and I couldn't get any contact info for that company.

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I work at Academy and we hand out the MIRs like hotcakes when we have the S&W sigma on sale. Most return customers have told me they sent them off and got back their mags rather quickly. I haven't heard any issues on taking this long.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I work at Academy and we hand out the MIRs like hotcakes when we have the S&W sigma on sale. Most return customers have told me they sent them off and got back their mags rather quickly. I haven't heard any issues on taking this long.

When I bought a Sigma a couple years ago and they were running the rebates, I think I can remember receiving my mags w/in about 3-4 weeks.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I've been told by various people that it's harder than hell to find M&P mags.

Apparently Lafayette Shooters is the cat's ass, or sucked off the right person in the distribution center. I bought all the M&P9 mags they had (5) when I bought my gun. Then I went back a week or two later and picked up 2 or 3 more.

Apparently they have no problem getting their hands on the mags, haha.

The prices are the same as online, give or take a buck or two, as well. Shooters has actually surprised me with their service and staff lately. The two people I hated that made me hate the store - I haven't seen in a LONG time.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I've been told by various people that it's harder than hell to find M&P mags.

Apparently Lafayette Shooters is the cat's ass, or sucked off the right person in the distribution center. I bought all the M&P9 mags they had (5) when I bought my gun. Then I went back a week or two later and picked up 2 or 3 more.

Apparently they have no problem getting their hands on the mags, haha.

The prices are the same as online, give or take a buck or two, as well. Shooters has actually surprised me with their service and staff lately. The two people I hated that made me hate the store - I haven't seen in a LONG time.

Yeah, the mags have been a bitch to find. I haven't found anyone online that has them in stock, and neither Academy or Houma Auto Parts in Houma have them. I want to get some 17-rd mags. Do you know if Lafayette Shooters will ship?

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I don't know if Lafayette Shooters will ship or not. They're kind of a small business that doesn't really do anything but what they have in-store, as far as I know. I guess you could ask. 337-988-1191

I've never seen Academy have S&W centerfire mags of any kind, here, either, though. Just Ruger 10/22, AR type mags, some Glock mags... seems to be about it. Maybe some other .22 pistol mags, but that's about it.

Maybe ask them who their distributors are that they get them from, and see if your local peeps can get some on their next truck. /shrug

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    LOW on M&P 9 mags the 17 rounders specifically, there are plenty of 10 rounders in the market, I actually bought 14 mags from a vendor in another state about 2 weeks ago and sold 5 to another forum member, they hard to get.

S&W made a pupu when it came to producing a bunch of mags and also producing enough BOdyGuards 380, waiting list on that as well

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Still waiting on my 12-rders... But when I get them in, they're going straight into classifieds. I finally caved and started buying 17-rders. That plus the X-grip makes a compact feel almost exactly like a FS. Now the smaller mags are just useful for concealing, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom