Sanctions, will ammo be next?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Mr o called for more sanctions against Russia. Russia is the one of the few that help us strengthen our 2nd ammendment rights. Our government seems to only take actions to weaken it. Maybe there will be no effect on ammo but I doubt this crisis will go to waste.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I agree I don't like who they are or what they stand for but our own country has made it next to impossible to produce anything anymore. I wish we had 5 American manufaturers making affordable ammo. We've been dancing with the devil for years. For some reason we won't give the American a fair shake on the dance floor too. What about oil, steel, lead, goods, should we stop all importation of goods from the other countries that act even worse than Russia does? We have voted these scumbags in power that has allowed us to slip from a Great Superpower to a laughingstock around the world. I probably should not be posting, had general anesthesia this morning. I love America and it pisses me off that we are dependent on nations that hate us for goods we are cape able of producing ourselves.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I agree I don't like who they are or what they stand for but our own country has made it next to impossible to produce anything anymore. I wish we had 5 American manufaturers making affordable ammo. We've been dancing with the devil for years. For some reason we won't give the American a fair shake on the dance floor too. What about oil, steel, lead, goods, should we stop all importation of goods from the other countries that act even worse than Russia does? We have voted these scumbags in power that has allowed us to slip from a Great Superpower to a laughingstock around the world. I probably should not be posting, had general anesthesia this morning. I love America and it pisses me off that we are dependent on nations that hate us for goods we are cape able of producing ourselves.

There are a ton of manufacturers in America making affordable ammo.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Please list a few and your pockets are probably much deeper than mine. I'm on a Tula and wwb budget. In your training sessions what percentage of the ammo being used lately is steel? Thx

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm boycotting us

That aircraft was engaged by a Navy ship that mistakenly identified it as a fighter aircraft during a hostile time with that nation. No one in the US fired a missile at that aircraft as it was flying overhead without any kind of attempt at identifying it. This was a simple act of terrorism... the same as if they planted a bomb on board.

Iran claimed the aircraft was using Mode III to identify them, and the Iranian Military uses Mode II... but with the Russia/US games they played back then, I wouldn't have put it past Russia to use Mode II just to screw with the US. It was also following an attack on the same ship's helo operating in the gulf at the time. SO hostilities were high.

The US was found to be at fault for it. There were things that should have been done differently, but it was not a deliberate shoot down of a civilian passenger aircraft like this was.

The United States also PAID restitution to every family member. Let’s see if Russia does.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Please list a few and your pockets are probably much deeper than mine. I'm on a Tula and wwb budget. In your training sessions what percentage of the ammo being used lately is steel? Thx

Freedom, American Eagle, CCI, PMC, shop around. I see about 25% of shooters shooting steel. Those 25% have 90% of the malfunctions. I shoot steel, I don't think there is anything wrong with it but brass is definitely better.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's just more training opportunity :D

I actually do think of it that way, but for the most part, I don't have much trouble with steel cased stuff. I shoot mutt ARs and Glocks.

Freedom Munitions' 9mm prices have been on par with Tula for the past couple of months, if not cheaper. .223 is a bit more, but they have the brass buy-back program. I've never tried it, but it seems interesting.

On topic: I would avoid Herter's brass 9mm. I recently had a bad keyholing experience with it.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I buy steel .223
    (Hard to pass up that 500 rnd Steel Spam Can at Walmart every now and then)

but I don't buy steel 9mm.

Same with me. I usually buy Tula .223 for training, and Freedom Munitions remans for 9mm. I can't think of a single malfunction I've had with either of those caused by the ammo, and I've been through thousands of rounds.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    My 74 only eats steel case, and I have never had one malfunction. The rifle was designed to use steel cased ammo though.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I buy steel .223
    (Hard to pass up that 500 rnd Steel Spam Can at Walmart every now and then)

but I don't buy steel 9mm.

Same here but to be honest, I would shoot pixie dust out of my Ar if I could find it, get it to function, and at a bulk dirt cheap price.

If it goes bang 99% of the time I pull the trigger for pennies on the dollar, to be used in training, I'm all over it!

Top Bottom