SB 51 - Right To Keep Guns in Vehicles at Work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    my reps response:
    :rolleyes:
    ExxonMobile's property would be off limits as is b/c it's regulated by state and federal laws with the chemicals within it's gates... relevance? NONE

You can also tell Richardson that he is full of crap (or had smoke blown up his s$$) if he thinks ExxonMobil provides a place to store guns and bows for every worker.

They do this at ONE gate at the BR refinery for COMPANY EMPLOYEES only. There is no such facility for the thousands of contract workers (Jacobs, Turner, ISC, Brand, etc.) who enter the plant every day through the Contractor's Gate.

ExxonMobil prohibits guns and ammo in vehicles that are parked in parking lots OUTSIDE the gate and OUTSIDE the fences, because it is "company property." Of course the workers get to drive to and from work through some pretty rough neighborhoods with no firearm in their vehicle.

Let me know when Richardson runs for re-election so I can send a contribution to his opponent.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Next time you really understand an issue that is before the legislature or Congress, watch or listen to the debates among the lawmakers. It will truly scare the **** out of you. Most of the people that are voting on or even drafting legislation do not have the vaguest idea what they are talking about. If you want to see something funny, watch the interview with Carolyn McCarthy concerning her proposed Assault Weapons Ban. The reporter asks her what a barrel shroud is and why it is bad and she cannot form an intelligble answer. Funny - yes. Pathetic - definitely.

Dan

Everyone knows it's the shoulder thing that goes up.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I emailed Amedee and urged him to vote for the bill without amendments. Not sure if that will fly or not but **** it.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I haven't heard of any plant's security asking individuals to open up their vehicle in the parking lot to search for guns. Untill that starts happening, I think those who keep their firearms out of plain sight will be ok. I have seen security rummage through vehicles entering the plant (i.e. through "the gate") looking for outlawed items, but "the gate" and the parking lot are 2 different places... even though they are both on the plant's property.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't heard of any plant's security asking individuals to open up their vehicle in the parking lot to search for guns. Untill that starts happening, I think those who keep their firearms out of plain sight will be ok. I have seen security rummage through vehicles entering the plant (i.e. through "the gate") looking for outlawed items, but "the gate" and the parking lot are 2 different places... even though they are both on the plant's property.

Some plants do more than that. One major oil company has drug dogs that are also trained to alert on explosives (including live ammo and expended casings). They periodically check parking lots at various facilities along the gulf coast.

Top Bottom