SB118 Set for Final Passage in Senate. Constitutional Carry will need your help!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    From what I'm reading it seems like we have a better than average chance of Constitutional Carry becoming law in Louisiana. We have a big Republican majority, thank goodness, that will get this to the Governors desk and he should sign it. It really looks like we're going to be legally able to carry firearms without permit in Louisiana.

This is no slam dunk by any means. However, below is the current make-up of the Louisiana Legislature. If this Bill doesn't pass this time; we can pretty much forget Constitutional carry here!

It is a damned shame that you need to have such an overwhelming majority of republicans in state Legislatures to pass pro-liberty, pro-freedom, and pro-Constitutional gun laws!!! Most democrats will vote against this only because they are told to do so by their masters!!!

Don't sit on your asses on this one!!!! We need to flood the zone!!!!

SENATE MEMBERSHIP STATISTICS

BY PARTY

Democrat 12 30.7 %
    Republican 27 69.2 %

BY GENDER

Female 6 15.3 %
    Male 33 84.6 %

BY RACE

Black 10 25.6 %
    White 29 74.3 %

HOUSE MEMBER DEMOGRAPHICS

BY PARTY

Democrat 35 33.3 %
    Independent 2 1.90 %
    Republican 67 63.8 %

BY GENDER

Female 20 19.0 %
    Male 84 80 %

BY RACE

Black 27 25.7 %
    White 77 73.3 %

Helmsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Is this something JBE would sign?
    I guess it might depend on the majority voted for it, whether it would be enough to overcome his veto.
    Based on the previous post stats there is a chance to get this through regardless of JBE actions.

Last edited:

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?s=21RS&b=SB118&sbi=y

Here is the link so everyone can follow it.
    I've noticed all the news paper articles referring to this bill I've seen in the last day or two have been overwhelmingly negative. Seems to me state democrats have their propaganda machine rolling because this is one they think they won't win.

It is the media and what they do best. Pad their pockets and lie to the population at our expense. I am thinking that if it passes, JB Edwards will sign it into law. I could be wrong though.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I've noticed all the news paper articles referring to this bill I've seen in the last day or two have been overwhelmingly negative. Seems to me state democrats have their propaganda machine rolling because this is one they think they won't win.

This is what they think:

Fellow democrats; we have to defeat these pro-gun agendas because if we allow blacks to be self-empowered, or allow them to believe they too can participate in Constitutional gun Rights, they will realize they aren't really victims and really don't need us to think for them any longer. Don't worry about white democrats. They will go along with our agenda too, because they are so self ridden with the white guilt we have beaten them down with they will believe anything we tell them to believe.

Who wants to bet me that not a single black democrat in either the House or the Senate will vote in favor of this? I would also bet that all democrats will vote against this, but there may be a few white democrats that get it!

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    This is what they think:

Fellow democrats; we have to defeat these pro-gun agendas because if we allow blacks to be self-empowered, or allow them to believe they too can participate in Constitutional gun Rights, they will realize they aren't really victims and really don't need us to think for them any longer. Don't worry about white democrats. They will go along with our agenda too, because they are so self ridden with the white guilt we have beaten them down with they will believe anything we tell them to believe.

Who wants to bet me that not a single black democrat in either the House or the Senate will vote in favor of this? I would also bet that all democrats will vote against this, but there may be a few white democrats that get it!

I'm not trying to make bets I know I'd lose.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Definitely contact your State Senator! Push him or her to vote in favor of this legislation. Every call counts!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

All major media these days is nothing but a propaganda arm for the left and ultimately, tyranny.

Do yourself a huge favor and ignore everything that they say and print. They will likely promise blood in the streets and shootouts everywhere. This false and broken argument has been around since Christ was a child.

The reality is that a large number of states have passed Constitutional Carry with no issue. Look at how safe VT, ME and NH are. VT has had Constitutional Carry for as long as I can remember and they have one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country.

The anti-2A crowd will be out in force. They are well-funded and well-organized. We can beat them if we call our State Senators and have our voice heard!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Contacted my senator, my brother's senator and our representatives 2 days ago. Who else has?
    Emailed and called my State Senator. I had emailed him when I first moved to the area last summer on this exact topic and received a prompt and favorable response. I have emailed my state rep several times with no direct response.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    All major media these days is nothing but a propaganda arm for the left and ultimately, tyranny.

Do yourself a huge favor and ignore everything that they say and print. They will likely promise blood in the streets and shootouts everywhere. This false and broken argument has been around since Christ was a child.

The reality is that a large number of states have passed Constitutional Carry with no issue. Look at how safe VT, ME and NH are. VT has had Constitutional Carry for as long as I can remember and they have one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country.

The anti-2A crowd will be out in force. They are well-funded and well-organized. We can beat them if we call our State Senators and have our voice heard!

Approximate % of Democrats: Vermont 6, Maine 33, New Hampshire 7.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    JBE is a lame duck so he could veto the bill and really not fear much except any other office he might seek could be more difficult. He's a liberal so anything is possible.

There is the chance this move forward with enough support be might not have veto power though I'm not sure.

Someone I hope can tell us more about that.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    JBE has left me with 3 choices:

1 - Open carry since a permit and the required training is not required - and scare the sheep.

2 - Since paying for the periodic training, permit fees, etc., just to exercise my Constitutionally-guaranteed right is onerous for someone like me getting Social Security, I may be forced to practice Civil Disobedience and carry concealed without the permit.

3 - Go unarmed as a limping old man target. Thankfully, I'm an hour from Baton Rouge, and a 1/2 hour from a Walmart-sized town, which greatly reduces my exposure.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    [FONT=&quot]Edwards is running against Kennedy when he is up for reelection. Dems will spend millions and with the new power of their mail in ballot scheme and Edwards will be the next Louisiana senator. Mark my word. Mail in Ballots insure Democrat rule forever. Makes it easy for them to steal elections. Ever wonder why almost all the mail in ballots are sent to mostly democrat areas. They are not evenly distributed. It is done intentionally. Hand every dreg a ballot, fill it out for them, then mail it.

[/FONT]

JBE is a lame duck so he could veto the bill and really not fear much except any other office he might seek could be more difficult. He's a liberal so anything is possible.

There is the chance this move forward with enough support be might not have veto power though I'm not sure.

Someone I hope can tell us more about that.

Top Bottom