School me on MP3 vs IPod

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I rarely use my player in my ears, the only time I do is when I cut the grass and then you don't care if you can hear all the nuances, long as it can be heard over the mower!

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Regardless of which device you use, I would stick with mp4 or another compression algorithm as opposed to mp3. The compression ratio of mp3 is better, but it shaves off frequencies that most people can't hear. However this does have an audible difference on the frequencies you do hear. Depending on the compression ratio you use, it can cut all frequencies below 60hz and above 15khz. I personally prefer the iPod and iTunes combination because of the hardware integration. It's very straight forward and easy to use when you aren't using pirated material. You just drop in a disc or drag over a file when you want to load it into your iPod and thats it. It's not the best solution but it is far from the worst.
    As far as in ear monitors, the best I've found are future sonic. I love mine but they are too expensive. I'd lean toward Shure, audio technica or sennheiser and avoid m-audio/avid.
    Regardless, a portable media player is a great device to own as you can consolidate all of your music and bring it with you for most activities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom