School me on Ruger 2245 upgrades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just scooped a Ruger 2245 LITE.....I plan on putting a red dot something like a Aimpoint micro style or a RMR style.

Triggers? grips? show me what you like or have. Ill elaborate and update this thread the more I read/the more curious I become with this little pistola.

I found Rimfirecentral... but they dont really explain too much sometimes.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=303

Heres mine with my Warlock II on it.

JoIWV72.jpg

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Lucky Dog! I want one of these as a plinking toy!! I was thinking of a sparrow but they are $$$ for just a toy. Hows the Warlock?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Go back to RFC. ;)

A Tandemkross Bushing kit will make it much easier to clean, eliminating the dance required to take it apart and reassemble it.

Any 1911 grips will fit it, or should.

You'll want a filler to replace that loaded chamber indicator. You are a big boy and know to treat every firearm as if it were loaded, without an ugly indicator.

Lastly, you'll need oodles of ammunition, because you just bought the crack pipe of the firearm world and will become addicted with the first round down range.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I also have a 22/45 Lite just like yours. I just installed the Volquartsen MK II (yes MARK TWO) accurizing kit into mine this past week. WOW the gun is 100% better. Midway just had the kits on sale for like $85. It can be VERY VERY confusing installing the kit and forget doing it by paper instructions all-together. Do look at NUTNFANCY's youtube video of the installation (just use his...others are ridiculously over-worked or not for the exact kit) and the gun will do the following when done: Mags drop free, no more "mag dance" on breakdown, 3 lbs WAAAAAAY crisp trigger, overtravel and takeup will be completely removed and the trigger will barely move on reset. Worth every penny.

I run mine on my Gemtech 522 can and I have a QD flash hider on this 22/45 and my ruger 10/22 threaded stainless tactical.

And my optic of choice on pistols is the Bushnell first strike as it doesn't have an on/off switch nor does it have a brightness control. It has a sensor that just turns it on when you pull the hood off. Well a trijicon Dual RMR would be my favorite, but I can buy bushnells for all of my pistols or ONE trijicon so the bushnells have won thus far.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Lucky Dog! I want one of these as a plinking toy!! I was thinking of a sparrow but they are $$$ for just a toy. Hows the Warlock?

Warlock is good to go so far. My coworker has one with a higher round count and it has held up well so far. It was very quiet with cci segmented hp.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Go back to RFC. ;)

A Tandemkross Bushing kit will make it much easier to clean, eliminating the dance required to take it apart and reassemble it.

You'll want a filler to replace that loaded chamber indicator. You are a big boy and know to treat every firearm as if it were loaded, without an ugly indicator.

Lastly, you'll need oodles of ammunition, because you just bought the crack pipe of the firearm world and will become addicted with the first round down range.

Another option is to file the disconnect down so that it will not engage the sear.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    If you really want the ultimate upgrade, send it to Clark Custom Guns and get the trigger job, reliability package, match grade barrel and optical or target iron sights of your choice.
    I had the trigger job , reliability package and red dot sight mount done to a mark II, (didn't get the match barrel) and it is like magic...put the dot on a target, think about hitting it and bang...it's hit dead center....Wonderful thing to behold. I regret not going whole hog and getting the match barrel...but if it shot any better I don't think I could stand it. It out shoots my model 41 S&W.
    Gary

Last edited:

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    I tried quite a bit of stuff from Tandemkross and TacSol. The Mk3 bushing is by far the best upgrade for the pistols. And don't be upset with the first time being so hard to take apart. It gets easier. Great little pistol, mine eats everything. I need new grips, VZ makes quite a few.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    If you really want the ultimate upgrade, send it to Clark Custom Guns and get the trigger job, reliability package, match grade barrel and optical or target iron sights of your choice.
    I had the trigger job , reliability package and red dot sight mount done to a mark II, (didn't get the match barrel) and it is like magic...put the dot on a target, think about hitting it and bang...it's hit dead center....Wonderful thing to behold. I regret not going whole hog and getting the match barrel...but if it shot any better I don't think I could stand it. It out shoots my model 41 S&W.
    Gary

They do awesome work, I had them work on a 10/22

throwing lead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2014
    Reno, NV
    I have a mk III and assuming the 2245 uses a lot of the same components, I can say you will have a hard time outshooting the gun in stock form. On mine I polished the fcg components and removed the mag safety. A competitor at my range has the same gun all tricked out and my groups are maybe 1/4" better at 50 yards. Not worth a couple hundred in upgrades to me for such minimal improvement.

The one thing I am a proponent for with all guns is to get a trigger setup that caters to the type of shooting you will be using that firearm for.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    c080e4c0cc14f7fe554bc4aee159f8be.jpg

Just picked this little number up on the cheap. MKIII with threaded barrel. Was expecting the same soft target trigger as my MK II government, but out of the 5 Ruger standards I now own it's got the heaviest trigger pull. I'm assuming this can be remedied. A nice little C-more STS will soon be residing on top and it will lose the bottom rail. Gotta love those sweet rubber grips.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Go back to RFC. ;)

tumblr_m7jsjpxVYq1ryd5ewo1_500.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I liked the idea of the lite incase i ever wanted to pack it in a bag with my can. Its a dramatic difference in top heavy weight vs the all steel bull barrel. Ive owned both. The steel barreled original model may lend itself to greater accuracy being that its not a sleeved steel barrel insert. With my warlock 2 you cant even tell that its there, well barely. My vote is the Lite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom