Scope suggestions for rimfire rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I've had a 4x32 Tasco on my 10/22 for 20 years. WORKS!

I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it. I've only ever used it to plink with really.

If I were going to have a Bolt Action rifle to hunt with or be more serious,
    I'd probably upgrade to something more powerful.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    check out this one. I have this one and love it

Mueller APV Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 40mm Adjustable Objective APV Reticle Matte

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    What's cheap and decent? I wouldn't mind sticking one on my Marlin 60 to plink with. I've never used a scope, so I don't need special forces sniper quality, just something that works the way it's supposed to.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    What's cheap and decent? I wouldn't mind sticking one on my Marlin 60 to plink with. I've never used a scope, so I don't need special forces sniper quality, just something that works the way it's supposed to.

I have a couple of the Simmons .22 Mag 3x9 x32 scopes mounted on a 10\22 and a marlin model 60. Both were easy to sight in and the groups were really good.

Was interested in the next level up for my recent purchase of a Ruger American. I just received an ad for Academy and they have the Simmons for $29.99. Plenty good for what you're looking to do.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I'm getting the bsa sweet 22 2-7x32.

The reviews look great, and has different turrets for different weights ( don't know if that's really nessisary for a .22 but we'll see). And at $99 on amazon it seems like a good deal.

I personally like scopes with a very low magnification for hunting, as I rarely see, much less shoot at anything more than 80-100yrds away. And a scope with a 1.5-2x magnification can be used with both eyes open like a reflex sight.

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Some of the Tasco scopes are nice and clear, at +-$75.00 not too bad. Redfield would run you about $150 and would be a good scope for almost any rifle. The other suggestions are all fine, however, you can always spend more money and get more scope.
    Make sure it will fit the rifle well enough to give you the eye relief you need; even if you bring the rifle to the store.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    So far, the Simmon's scopes I've mounted have been working really well. Sighted in my Ruger American .22LR and at 25 yards shot out a 1/2 inch orange dot on the target with 9 shots. #10 was an inch low because I flinched when the .308 went off next to me. I figure 1/2 inch grouping at 25 yards is plenty good for popping some squirrels and rabbits.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I just picked up a used Weaver 4X 7/8" straight tube scope, with rings, for $25. Put it on an old 552 Speedmaster and it looks great.

You can get great deals on used scopes, if you look.

If you want new, you can't go wrong with a Mueller.

DixieXD

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Northshore
    Sorry to re-table this ol' thread (just nudging up my newb count) but a second for the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire sitting on my Ruger Rimfire (22lr). My $50 Walmart's Centerpoint 3-9x32 has stood up well to my punishing 10/22 recoil as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wardt
    Top Bottom