Seller of Dirt Bike Murdered in New Orleans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What f'n world do people think they are living in?

If you are not teaching your family members that this internet meeting thing is stupid and dangerous; you are doing a disservice to them.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    What f'n world do people think they are living in?

If you are not teaching your family members that this internet meeting thing is stupid and dangerous; you are doing a disservice to them.

There's a safe way to go about it . We all have done it many times .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There's a safe way to go about it . We all have done it many times .

I get that! As you say; there is a right way (and a wrong way), to interact with strangers. However, I would venture a guess, that a lot of folks (way too many), are far too trusting of strangers! The crime statistics don't belie that either. Just remind your family and friends, that the commercials on tv depicting how loving, caring, and diverse we all are in America are pre-staged scripted horseshit! Criminal savagery and predatory practices are alive and well.

At least on here, you can see if a potential buyer or seller has a history of posts, sales transactions, or personal recommendations from other known members.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I get that! As you say; there is a right way (and a wrong way), to interact with strangers. However, I would venture a guess, that a lot of folks (way too many), are far too trusting of strangers! The crime statistics don't belie that either. Just remind your family and friends, that the commercials on tv depicting how loving, caring, and diverse we all are in America are pre-staged scripted horseshit! Criminal savagery and predatory practices are alive and well.

At least on here, you can see if a potential buyer or seller has a history of posts, sales transactions, or personal recommendations from other known members.

Agreed. All one has to do is google "facebook marketplace murder" and there are plenty of reminders we live in a very dangerous world.

It's a damn shame this young man met his end like this- because it was certainly avoidable.

I can't help but feel badly for his family. Raising him from a newborn only to have him eventually taken away by some WORTHLESS POS. I can't relate to their pain.....

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    These universaties are teaching the young people that all the crime reports you see on the news are not as bad as they make it out to be and the world we live in is a wonderful trusting place.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    When I meet it is places that I know are in public, and enough people, shopping centers or gas stations for the most part. In Alaska, the police stations had certain areas that had cameras watching it 24/7, and the police station had cameras. Might still get shot, but at least the cops know.

JPSO now has safe zones in a couple of their parking lots for online sales. I wonder how they feel about a gun inspection and sale right in front of their door?

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_8bc4854a-85d1-11eb-80e2-a3f14b477615.html

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    JPSO now has safe zones in a couple of their parking lots for online sales. I wonder how they feel about a gun inspection and sale right in front of their door?

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_8bc4854a-85d1-11eb-80e2-a3f14b477615.html

They have the same at Hammond Police Dept with 24/7 video monitoring, right in front of their building. I'm really surprised more peeps don't get jacked up in a citizen to citizen gun sale really. I sold quite few pieces in my collection in the last 8 months and i meet at the same spot most every time, a walgreens parking lot with video cameras. Only during daylight unless I personally know you.

I have thought about moving my meet spot to HPD's parking lot behind their main building. I think that would be quite a deterrent for a robbery or worse. I know they have people out there who would shoot you dead for an $800 AR15 rifle. Or a $2k Colt Python. Even a glock 17, the savages. In NOLA, if they are willing to murder a guy for a dirt bike, what do you think they would do for an AK or AR right now?

Last edited:

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I think most people are trusting, but just cause most people are trusting doesn't mean everyone. I have stopped to help people with car troubles, and have ruined, according to my wife, way too many, dress pants and shirts, helping people get unstuck in the snow (lived in alaska for a bit), changing tires, and even helped someone put back on her slipped worn out accessory belt. I will say, in all cases, I texted my wife saying, hey i am here, helping this (description of person, car and plate) if i don't answer back in 15 minutes call me.

But I will say this, I won't ever stop for anyone if I have my family in the car, not putting all of us in some potential danger.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think most people are trusting, but just cause most people are trusting doesn't mean everyone. I have stopped to help people with car troubles, and have ruined, according to my wife, way too many, dress pants and shirts, helping people get unstuck in the snow (lived in alaska for a bit), changing tires, and even helped someone put back on her slipped worn out accessory belt. I will say, in all cases, I texted my wife saying, hey i am here, helping this (description of person, car and plate) if i don't answer back in 15 minutes call me.

But I will say this, I won't ever stop for anyone if I have my family in the car, not putting all of us in some potential danger.

Gas, Grass or Ass, I'm not helping no-one for free !

lol..

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    jus be smart about things, meeting locations, what your buying? try and get some details about your seller. and carry your piece with you!

Good points! If I am dealing with someone with no feedback or anyone on Sportsman, I will talk at length on the phone and make sure that I am dealing with an actual collector.

Top Bottom