Selling scrap brass- BR area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Make sure there are no loaded ammo in it and any of the local scrap dealers will take it. Call around to see who is giving the best price.

Beauxdog

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Separate yellow from red brass, it pays different. Make sure there's no other metals on it. Prices are lowest they have ever been. If it's not in your way, put it aside. Scrap prices go up and down with gas prices. Call every where to find the best prices. Best I found out there was one in port Allen right across the bridge.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

Last edited:

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I can sit on it for a while if prices will go up.

There are a few duds in there, I guess I need to pick through it. I have a 1 lb powder jug full of spent primers, as well.

Has anyone actually sold brass or is it a pleasant myth? If so, where did you go and what did you get paid?

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Glad to know the price is down as I have about 35 to 45 lb of brass keys was about to sell will wait for awhile.
    Thanks
    Wingate

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I've taken my stuff to Southern Scrap a couple times. Gun brass has it's own scrap price. At least at Southern Scrap it did.

I've got a scrap brass bucket next to the reloading bench. Only gun related brass goes in it. Spent primers, cracked cases, ones that get screwed up at the press, cases with loose primer pockets, spent .22LR, case necks from converting .223 to .300blk, the one or two odd calibers I don't reload for. All go into the container previously known as a cat litter bucket.

There are the two hard fast rules.
    - Gun brass only. No brass plated cases. No other brass allowed.
    - No loaded rounds. Not even a single misfired .22 is allowed. They will sift through it and check.

Last trip over a year ago netted about $100 for a cat litter bucket which is about 3.5 to 4 gallons.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    The other hard fast rule is to use the money to take out your current/potential spousal unit to dinner. Simple thanks for putting up with the munitions plant in the garage.

stateguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Is it scrap as in split cases, etc? Scrap brass parts? Cases you've picked up? --> could you sort and sell to reloaders?

Top Bottom