Senate blocks repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Senate blocks repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'

By ANNE FLAHERTY, Associated Press Anne Flaherty, Associated Press – 11 mins ago
    WASHINGTON – Republicans blocked a last-ditch effort in the Senate to lift the military's ban on openly gay troops on Thursday, dealing a major blow to gay rights groups and making it unlikely Congress could repeal "don't ask, don't tell" any time soon.

The 57-40 vote fell three short of the 60 needed to overcome procedural hurdles to lift the 17-year-old ban. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine was the lone Republican voting to advance the bill, and Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia was the only Democrat to vote against it.

The rejection was a defeat for President Barack Obama, who campaigned promising to overturn the law and later called it one of his top legislative priorities for the year.source

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    What a ridiculous issue to be concerned with in this day and age. All the other **** goin on and tax dollars have to be spent on this. I could care less if gays want to join the military or not. Give'em a rifle and let em priss their asses right into combat.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I guess the military has change drastically since I served and I haven't changed and ain't going to be persuaded by the liberal PROGRESSIONALS .

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I don't care about this issue, either. If a homosexual wants to join, let them join. They should have the same rights as everyone else.

Ben Draughn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Hickory LA
    I could care less if 90% of the population wants to live with homosexual in there house but I don't think it should be pushed on the military. If the us went to a draft and everyone had to step up and do their part then I don't think it would be a big deal. just because someone wants to do something don't mean it is a good idea. i realy think it is funny how a lot people step up and say it is ok that have never been there and done that and got the tshirt.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom