Seperating range brass?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtcur3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thibodaux, LA
    Any ideas on how to quickly and easily separate buckets of range brass? I'm thinking of some type of sized "screens" to allow the different calibers to pass through or not?

coldbore

we have a piper down
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Any ideas on how to quickly and easily separate buckets of range brass? I'm thinking of some type of sized "screens" to allow the different calibers to pass through or not?

the first thing that came to my mind was to use screens also, it would make short work of pistol/rifle, but i think you would run into problems when you got into the 7.62/308 issue

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just this week, I saw a series of plastic tubs (that fit into each other) expressly designed for this purpose. About $50 or. IIRC, they use screens of varying sizes; or holed plastic grids; something like that.

Sadly, I cannot remember WHERE I saw it; on the net somewhere. But you should be able to find it without too much effort.

You saw it a La Guns @ Reloading:Dhttp://www.shellsorter.com/

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    mtcur3,
    If you are in the NOLA area I can loan something to do it. Let me know. It is loaned out but I'll get it back tomorrow or so. Very much like shell sorter but something I designed & built for myself.

What calibers are you talking?

Thanks,
    RDO

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Don't you have kids or nephews/nieces? Tell them you have this great game. The one who sorts the most gets $5. They will take care of it.

I have a friend who gives his daughters (they are younger than 10) $5 each to trim brass. They can do a 5 gallon bucket of .223 in a couple of hours.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    At the range yesturday my daughter was trying to find one casing of each caliber and the nicest one she could find. I told her she didn't need to do that but she was having fun.

I had forgetten about it & this morning I go in her bathroom and they are all lined up on the counter from largest to smallest.

LOL Caught me off guard, it wasn't something I expected seeing walking into the bathroom first thing in the morning...

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Just this week, I saw a series of plastic tubs (that fit into each other) expressly designed for this purpose. About $50 or. IIRC, they use screens of varying sizes; or holed plastic grids; something like that.

Sadly, I cannot remember WHERE I saw it; on the net somewhere. But you should be able to find it without too much effort.

Dillon sells them. We have a set for our trustees to use.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    To tell you te truth, a scren would not work. Thwy do sell bags taht can atach to your gun gun however that will catch the brass. That wouldd be your best option. Catch it coming out of your gun, they you dont have to seperate it all.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

Like dmiculek said, you saw it in "The Blue Press" catalog you got last week right? ;) That's where I saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom