Shame shame Bank of America

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m sure many of you have already seen this as it’s days old news, but didn’t see it mentioned here.
    I gotta say I’m not surprised a bit with the way things are going in this country at the moment, but that knowledge does nothing to suppress the rage I feel every time someone thinks it’s ok to stomp on someone’s constitutional rights. We either live in a free country or we don’t. And if we don’t anymore, when will we remedy that? Where will we draw the line?

I can tell you that whatever took place at the capital last month, they will continue to make examples and a big deal about it because they don’t want 300 million citizens waking up and deciding enough is enough. Our Federal government has grown into a monster and is currently ruling the people when it was intended to be for the people. I can promise you that the founding fathers never intended for us to be ruled in such a manner or even pay taxes on our earnings. We are born into slavery, property of the United States of America Inc.

https://youtu.be/y-AmnasDev0

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    I got away from them years ago. I wrote a complaint to basspro about using them for their credit card. A few months later they changed to Capitol one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OICU812

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    No love lost here for B of A. I lived in Arizona, and on Sept 11, 2001 (remember that day?) I left Phoenix early headed for Flagstaff. I turned on the radio and heard what sounded like some news broadcast so I changed stations a couple of times before I realized that the same news was on all the stations, so I decided that I should listen to what the hell was going on. I had 4 small children at home, so I turned around asap and headed back. I was near home about the time the second tower was hit and thought that it might be a good idea to have some cash on hand so I stopped by my bank, Bank of America, and went to the teller and asked to withdraw $3k from my account. The teller informed me that the bank was asking customers to limit cash withdrawals to $200. I told her that, nevertheless, I would like $3,000. The teller called for the manager, who repeated that they were "requesting" a $200 limit for cash. I insisted and got the cash I wanted.

A couple of years later I moved back to Mississippi and went to Hancock Bank to open a checking account and was told that they could not open an account for me. I asked why and they told me that Bank of America had reported me for account abuse! I dealt with that for 10 years. I could only have a savings account and used prepaid debit cards.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Next up will be physicians, insurance carriers will be ratting people out for owning legal guns. I would think the fine print that nobody reads probably protects BOA and many other banks and credit card companies.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    I never put anything about guns on my paperwork at the doctor's office. I leave it blank. If asked I say noyb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Be cognizant that “NOYB” on that guns question at the doc might get coded as “yes but refused to answer”. My stepdad’s buddies (law firm dealing almost exclusively with 2A-related cases) have had to fight HIPPA cases on several occasions involving medical personnel making illegal healthcare disclosures to various agencies. YMMV, but it’s probably best to do some background research on your healthcare provider and find one friendly to your own views. They’re a business competing for your patronage, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    Next up will be physicians, insurance carriers will be ratting people out for owning legal guns. I would think the fine print that nobody reads probably protects BOA and many other banks and credit card companies.
    There are certainly a fair number of crazy liberals in the insurance industry. Completely speculative on my part, but I've gotten unsolicited earfuls plenty of times that felt random and uncalled for in many cases, like they were looking for a reason to throw stones (which...fits liberals, honestly). Had one on a shooting loss where the desk adjuster I spoke with talked for a solid 2 minutes about how guns were bad. I just had a coverage question. In a fatality accident last year I was giving an update on the status of the PD Report, and got an earful about how "they're useless" and "they really should be defunded". One company I worked for sent out a newsletter that started with "Gun violence in America is on the rise!" that was supposed to be discussing relevant insurance considerations in today's market.

That said, I never submit photos of a policyholder's gun collection or reloading setup or similar. I might take a photo or two of a neat setup for myself, but I always exclude them from the file. Unless they're involved in a claim of course.

Top Bottom