sherburne 11/24

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BasinSniper

Bandolier
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I had a feeling the range may be crowded today, but decided to go. The rifle range was full of men/women/kids shooting shotguns/pistols/rifles and I should have left then.

Got painted by muzzles 3 times until I finally couldn't take it. A boy with his father next to me pointed his 20 gauge right at me, I had to move out of the way and asked him to be more careful. I think the dad felt bad b/c they left almost right away. I honestly don't see how there aren't any accidents there.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Unfurtunelty thats what happens at public ranges and its hard to make people understand since they are NOT required to have a Safety Briefing.

I had brought it up to the attention to the Board of Directors at Fussiler as well, the fact that NRA Range Safety Officers should not only get a discount on the yearly rate but also should be required to wear something that clearly identifies them when on the property. I have NEVER seen major issues at the Rifle bays but at the Pistol bay it is quite commun to get swippped with loaded weapons eventhough the rules clearly state that guns can only be loaded on the benches facing down range and NOT on the back tables.

IF they had appointed RSO's issues like this could be dealt with in a more professional way, and if the problems continue to happen with the same member simply ban him from being able to renue next year.

I am yet to be contacted though.

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    I go to Sherburne monthly and have never had an issue there. but, like a true old guy, i make sure to get there at no later than 6:30-7:00am. that way, fewer people and I can enjoy a safe shooting trip. If i don't make it there early, i won't go. too many people, even those older than me, that want to be all crazy with their newly purchased ARs and SKS rifles.

I'll pass.

I'm only 25...but now I know why the old guys go early, range to themselves.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I go to Sherburne monthly and have never had an issue there. but, like a true old guy, i make sure to get there at no later than 6:30-7:00am. that way, fewer people and I can enjoy a safe shooting trip. If i don't make it there early, i won't go. too many people, even those older than me, that want to be all crazy with their newly purchased ARs and SKS rifles.

I'll pass.

I'm only 25...but now I know why the old guys go early, range to themselves.

I go early too. Some of the people really aggravate me. Last time I went there later than 8AM some guy is letting his very young daughter go through a couple hundred 45 rounds through a 1911 while I am trying to zero a rifle right next to me.

Top Bottom