Sherburne WMA class 3 shoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Saturday in March would you like to attend the class 3 shoot?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Last I checked, the more NFA the better. Im big on sharing my stuff with my gun weilding brothers!
    As far as targets to shoot, I know myself and Glen just like to burn ammo with no regard for punching paper. Can bring targets if you like but I doubt there will be many "range cold" opportunities to put new targets out.
    It will lasting as long as I have ammo for my stuff, last time I was out there with just my guns it was a 4 hour event.
    Ears and Eyes always

List of my MG's and NFA
    M16 5.56
    Sten 9mm
    Sterling MK5 9mm
    Browning 1919 .308
    Browning M3HB .50 bmg
    SBR Suppressed Saiga 12ga
    6 or so various suppressors

Last edited:

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    List of weapons from Landry's Guns

From Landry's Guns we will have an M16 and an MP5. So bring you 223 and your 9mm.

I will also have a few suppressors out there as this is our main market. Ruger 10/22 with a few cans you will enjoy. I'll have a 223 Liberty Triumph on a bolt gun and the Mystic that can swap between 9mm, 223, 22lr, 300 Blackout and a few others. I'll have the Glock 19 that we can run the Mystic on and if I can get the scope sighted it I'll bring the Handi Rifle in 300 Blackout. How quiet can a 300 Blackout get, check out this video from last Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnyQrW3EUXU

First shot supersonic, the last few are subs.

--
    Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    7374 Louisiana Hwy 3050
    Morganza, LA 70759
    225-694-3376 store
    225-952-2401 fax
    http://www.LandrysGuns.com

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Can we bring our own hosts for suppressors? Or just our own firearms to pop off? Also is the steel cased 7.62x39 ammo going to be allowed or no? Sorry for all of the questions I am just excited!

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Damn. The one weekend this month I can't make it. Oh well. Maybe next time. How often do Ya'll do these?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    First of all, feel free to bring your own weapons. I can't speak for other sponsors, but if you have a threaded weapon that I have a suppressor for, you may use it and my suppressor. The only restriction is in the 22lr ammo category. Everything is good to shoot except the Aguilla super sub sonic. These are too heavy and move too slow to stabalize the path through a suppressor. They can cause baffle strikes.

Directions are simple. Take 190 west from Baton Rouge. You will pass the outskirts of Port Allen, then Erwinville, Livonia and Lottie area and then you will hit the 4 mile bridge. Once you cross it, look for the Sherburn WMA sign. The bridge ends about a mile before the Atchafalaya River. If you cross the river you have gone too far. Exit 190 and loop under the bridge at the levee and go south (left under the bridge) and the WMA range is about 3-4 miles down the gravel road. You can't miss it. There is a large area that is cleared off, a building or trailer (don't recall which) the game wardens use and the ranges are behind this. Can't miss it.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376

Call if you need any other info. Shop phone will be forwarded to cell that day.

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    I tend not to shoot the targets out there as the MG's just flat out tear the stands up. I may bring some clay pigeons or coconuts or something though.
    Please dont be offended if Im hovering real close while you are shooting. MG's are sometimes a handfull so I like to be ready in case something happens

I will have
    MG42 Romanian 8mm only
    SCAR16 5.56
    PPS 43/52 7.62x25

May bring
    MG34 8mm
    SCAR17 7.62
    MP40 9mm
    HK53 5.56

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is aluminum cased 9mm Blazer acceptable for MGs?

Also, maybe someone has some steel targets they'd be willing to bring?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MGshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Is aluminum cased 9mm Blazer acceptable for MGs?

Also, maybe someone has some steel targets they'd be willing to bring?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Its is generally regarded as not safe to shoot it from open bolt MG's . I know the closed bolt ones are fine . IE , don't use it in mac's . Ok to use it in HK's or AR's

MGshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Denham Springs
    So far it looks like Red Jacket will be bringing the following machineguns

RPD in 7.62x39
    PKM in 7.62x54R
    Kriss V in .45acp
    MP5K in 9mm
    M3 grease gun in .45acp
    AK 103 in 5.45x39
    AK47 underfolder in 7.62x39
    FAL in .308
    7in M16 in 5.56
    Ultimax in 5.56

And these short guns

ZK22 suppressed SBR in .22lr
    Shorty 12 ga

Most of these will run on steel cased ammo . The the PKM and 5.45 guns corrosive ammo will be fine if that is what you happen to have .

We're going to try to have a .50bmg suppressed with us if we get time
    I'll bring some of my suppressed rifles and pistols too along with suppressors for some of the guns listed above .

Also if there is a suggestion for something that you'd like to see if we have that we could bring out let us know .

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I have to ask, will this still go on if it rains? I looked it up on Google earth and it looks like it is a covered range. We will be driving from Lake Charles and want to make sure it is going to happen rain or shine. The different forecasts range from occasional drizzle to 40-50% rain right now.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    I know I'm new, but I would like to attend. It'll be a bit of a drive, but it seems it will be worth it!

I shouldn't have a problem bringing brass .223, .22, .45, or 9mm, but where would one find .50BMG? Could one just pay per shot on that? I understand the hobby is expensive and I have no problem paying if I can't find some ammo.

And where does one get area management stamp?

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I have made a call to all the sponsors and trying to see if the rain will be an issue. Gunslinger says rain or shine. Waiting to hear back from the others.

BMG can be found at cabelas for $50 for 10 rnd box. I imagine others wouls be happy to give you $5 a rnd.

And to shoot at the WMA all you need is ANY game licence. Fishing or hunting lic. Of any kind. Even a cane pole licence is ok.

Ill keep this tread up to date as I hear from the other sponsors.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Well I guess if this goes as planned I will bring what ammo I can and a wad of cash. Thanks for the info on the game license.

I have made a call to all the sponsors and trying to see if the rain will be an issue. Gunslinger says rain or shine. Waiting to hear back from the others.

BMG can be found at cabelas for $50 for 10 rnd box. I imagine others wouls be happy to give you $5 a rnd.

And to shoot at the WMA all you need is ANY game licence. Fishing or hunting lic. Of any kind. Even a cane pole licence is ok.

Ill keep this tread up to date as I hear from the other sponsors.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Since I won't be bringing any of the fun stuff, anyone care if I bring drinks (non alcoholic) and tactical treats? I'd like to be able to contribute something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom