Sherburne WMA class 3 shoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Saturday in March would you like to attend the class 3 shoot?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

MGshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Denham Springs
    I know I'm new, but I would like to attend. It'll be a bit of a drive, but it seems it will be worth it!

I shouldn't have a problem bringing brass .223, .22, .45, or 9mm, but where would one find .50BMG? Could one just pay per shot on that? I understand the hobby is expensive and I have no problem paying if I can't find some ammo.

And where does one get area management stamp?

Academy on Segin Ln had AE .50bmg $40 for 10 the other day . I've seen it at a few other places too . I'm sure there will be some extra at the shoot if you need to buy some . The same goes for 7.62x54 and some of the other MG ammo . Of course bring what you can . If you want to give a heads up that you'll be needing some just ask here if anyone could help .

I know rain won't keep me away .

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    I may have to withdraw. Ill know for sure friday but I have a shipment coming in possibly sunday that I need to be present for. Like I said Ill know for sure if the initial pick up friday happens

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I think Friday/Sat is going to be the determining for a lot of it. Like I said rain doesnt both me and so far it looks like scattered showers at 40%, but if its going to be monsoon season thats just miserable for everyone.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Well we are two days out and weather forecast predicts 90% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday. Due to the weather the shoot has been canceled.

That being said. I am currently organizing with the sponsors to reschedule the shoot for a weekend in the near future. So if you bought some ammo just for this occasion don't fret. Your primers will be dimpled your powder will burn and lead will fly.

Check back here for your update and ill let yall know ASAP.

MGshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Well that sucks but what can you do . We'll put the stuff back up and wait for a new date .

We even got the updated .50bmg integral done and test fired last night .

I vote not the weekend of April 11-13th . That is Knob Creek weekend .

Last edited:

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Actually, now that I know my 7.5" pistol upper will arrive Tuesday, I'm ok with a bit of postponment. I would love to try it out on someone's SBR lower and see if the shoulder stock is worth the extra $200 and waiting time.

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    Any idea if/when this might be rescheduled? I was disappointed the weather did not cooperate last weekend. There are several of us in Lake Charles who look forward to going.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom