Shield 9mm - Threaded Barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Googled the crap out of it and can only see that they can be bought with a threaded barrel but no one seems to make an aftermarket one not even Storm Lake.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    No offense. You can suppress what ever you like. But a small pistol like the shield has its purpose as a conceal carry pistol. And realistically you cannot conceal a suppressed pistol. I bought a threaded barrel for my Sig 239 and only shot it suppressed maybe twice, Bc I had better hosts for the job. Like my usp sd, or my glock 17/19. It balances out better Bc the suppressor will add weight and length up front, you want a little weight in the grip and length also for leverage.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    No offense. You can suppress what ever you like. But a small pistol like the shield has its purpose as a conceal carry pistol. And realistically you cannot conceal a suppressed pistol. I bought a threaded barrel for my Sig 239 and only shot it suppressed maybe twice, Bc I had better hosts for the job. Like my usp sd, or my glock 17/19. It balances out better Bc the suppressor will add weight and length up front, you want a little weight in the grip and length also for leverage.

I understand and I use the Shields for my EDC as well. I don't want to carry it suppressed. I'd just like to shoot it at times with the suppressor.
    I'm just looking for information on the availability of a barrel to do so.

Top Bottom