Shingles Vaccine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Got my 2nd Shingles vaccine shot Monday at the VA.
    1st shot was nothing but a little sore arm.
    2nd shot was sore warm arm and that night temp went to 99.9 and never higher for about 36 hours. Back down to about 97.6 like it always is.

Still better than Shingles from what my friends have been through

Last edited:

Eagle Eyes

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2020
    Ruston
    I had the shingles last year. Got to dr fairly early and was given anti viral medicine. Still, one of the top five worst experiences of my life.

Good idea getting the vaccine.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Both my Grandfathers were fairly tough and the only thing that brought tears to their eyes was shingles. Get the vaccine.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I used to own a bread route.. Pretty physical job. I got shingles and didn't know it. The pain was under my arm left chest muscle area. I worked for 2 weeks just thinking I pulled a muscle. I realized I was slowly upping the advil with out results. Still dismissed it. I was on my way to baton rouge and the pain got so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. **** had me tearing me up and couldn't breathe.

I get to touro ER, Dr lifts my shirt "you have shingles! Pretty rare for a 35yo to have shingles but you have it."

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Had shingles a year ago. You can tell it’s getting better when the pain goes from a dagger in you to just feeling like somebody’s burning you with a cigarette. Shingles shot was no picnic, but I’ll go to some lengths to avoid the full Monty again.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I had a shingles infection a few years ago at 48. Mine was mild, but it was still very... "annoying" would be a good way to put it. I was diagnosed on December 24th at an urgent care clinic. My jackass brother in law, who relishes in pointing out the misfortunes of others, declared I had "shingle bells" the entire holiday time. Yes, he's normally a good guy. Yes, I still like him. Yes, I will get him back one day.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Got shingles vax last year. Both shots gave me flu like symptoms and kept me down for about 18 hours once the symptoms hit about 8 hours after the shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    Had the shingles when I was 14, many moons ago. Covered my left side from the center of my chest to my back bone, shoulder to my hip. Scarred for life (scars I have resemble burn scares) and caused nerve damage on that side.

Will say they hurt like he77, and laid me up for about 3 weeks.

Am over 50 but doubt i will get the vaccine, though I’m sure treatment has improved in the last 40 plus years.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    My wife and I both got the single dose vaccine years ago, then about 2 years ago got the Shingrex. As a pharmacist and she as a nurse have seen numerous people with shingles and never want to endure that. I just wish everyone would get the Covid vaccine, side effects and discomfort from it are less than the Shingrex.

Top Bottom