Shirley Sherrod To Sue Andrew Breitbart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/29/shirley-sherrod-to-sue-an_n_663656.html

SAN DIEGO — Ousted Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod said Thursday she will sue a conservative blogger who posted an edited video of her making racially tinged remarks last week.

The edited video posted by Andrew Breitbart led Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to ask Sherrod to resign, a decision he reconsidered after seeing the entire video of her March speech to a local NAACP group. In the full speech, Sherrod spoke of racial reconciliation and lessons she learned after initially hesitating to help a white farmer save his home.

She said she doesn't want an apology from Breitbart for posting the video that took her comments out of context, but told a crowd at the National Association of Black Journalists annual convention that she would "definitely sue."

Vilsack and President Barack Obama later called Sherrod to apologize for her hasty ouster. Vilsack has offered her a new job at the department, which she is still considering.

"I have many, many questions before I can make a decision," Sherrod told the group. "I don't know what will happen from this day forward in terms of whether I'll be back in the department or what I'll do."

E-mails to Breitbart's Web sites seeking comment were not immediately returned Thursday morning.

Obama said Thursday morning on ABC's daytime talk show "The View" that the incident shows racial tensions still exist in America.

"There are still inequalities out there. There's still discrimination out there," Obama said. "But we've made progress."

Obama pinned much of the blame for the incident on a media culture that he said seeks out conflict and doesn't always get the facts right. But he added, "A lot of people overreacted, including people in my administration."

She doesn't want an apology, but she'll gladly take his money. She sounds really interested in bettering race relations. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    National Association of Black Journalists huh?...... and yes I know, a National Association of White Journalists would be evil and racist.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Maybe she should also sue herself for telling the story.

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    I haven't followed much of this, but supposedly it was spliced. Regardless, people in government positions shouldn't be using race (fiction or not) to make points in speeches, because it sure as hell sounded racist.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-n...herrod-s-firing-lie-fox-friends-host-declares

On Wednesday’s Fox & Friends, co-host Steve Doocy took strong exception to the NAACP’s claim it was “snookered” by Fox News into denouncing former Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod based on excerpts of a speech she delivered at a dinner in March.

“There’s a timeline problem,” Doocy pointed out, noting that the NAACP had on Monday night denounced Sherrod as “shameful,” the same day that she was pressured to quit her job (she says by the White House). But Fox News never mentioned the story until after Sherrod had quit. “So for anybody to say that Fox News pressured her out, that is simply a lie,” Doocy asserted.
    Story Continues Below Ad ↓

The liberal media have gone from largely ignoring the Sherrod story on Monday night and Tuesday morning to embracing it as a case of a woman maligned by an unfairly edited video clip. But if Sherrod is indeed the victim, much of the damage seems to have been caused by the precipitous reaction of the NAACP and the Obama administration — not liberals’ favorite target, Fox News.

Here’s how Doocy explained the matter at the top of the July 21 Fox & Friends, about 6:07am ET:

Co-host STEVE DOOCY: The NAACP has done, essentially, a double-back flip. First, here's what she said regarding the NAACP: [Words on screen] "They got into a fight with the Tea Party, and all of this came out as a result of that." But here's what she says about the NAACP, she says, she blames them for her getting in trouble.

Now, here's what the NAACP said on Monday night — on Monday night, as soon as the news had hit the fan. They said [reading] "her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicaments working with people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man."

That was on Monday. Then yesterday, the NAACP came out and they said that we're now apologizing to her and they say they were snookered by Fox News and Andrew Breitbart. But as [fill-in co-host] Dana [Perino] mentioned, there's a timeline problem. Fox News did not do the story until after she had already resigned.

So she was pressured by the Department of Agriculture to quit. She quit. And then we did the stories. So for anybody to say that Fox News pressured her out, that is simply a lie.

Seems like she should also sue the NAACP as well the Federal gov't.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This is a perfect case of why someone should sue. The woman was telling the story of how she realized she was being racist and wrong. Some ass edited the speech out of context in order to push an agenda without any thought of how this might affect the person in the video. You can't unring that bell. There are plenty of people who don't even realize that the video was edited out of context today. I bet that woman has gotten tons of **** about it in the short time since it has become a sensation.

You should be careful about what you say/do to others. It's the responsibility that comes with freedom.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    He showed part of what she said. It's the DOA that's responsible for not looking into the matter before forcing her to resign.
    Also, she used the term "his kind" (white people), which shows she still draws a distinction between races, and she said that it's about the poor versus those who have. Class warfare. Yeah, she's a winner alright... Hell, even the NAACP criticized her initially before attempting to blame Fox for their screw up.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    This is a perfect case of why someone should sue. The woman was telling the story of how she realized she was being racist and wrong. Some ass edited the speech out of context in order to push an agenda without any thought of how this might affect the person in the video. You can't unring that bell. There are plenty of people who don't even realize that the video was edited out of context today. I bet that woman has gotten tons of **** about it in the short time since it has become a sensation.

You should be careful about what you say/do to others. It's the responsibility that comes with freedom.

The point is, even though she admitted she was wrong in the story, she STILL admitted to being a racists twit who didnt initially help someone because he was white. She came right out and admitted that she didnt do her job. Now she is pissed because someone caught her on tape. Sure, it was edited, but she she said it. She has no right to sue someone for pointing out that she was a racist twit at some point in her life and didnt do her job, especially when she was on tape SAYING that she was a racist twit at some point in her life and didnt do her job. :D

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The point is, even though she admitted she was wrong in the story, she STILL admitted to being a racists twit who didnt initially help someone because he was white. She came right out and admitted that she didnt do her job. Now she is pissed because someone caught her on tape. Sure, it was edited, but she she said it. She has no right to sue someone for pointing out that she was a racist twit at some point in her life and didnt do her job, especially when she was on tape SAYING that she was a racist twit at some point in her life and didnt do her job. :D

All people do some wrong in their lives. She realized and used the story to try to keep others from doing the same. She wasn't pissed because of the story, she was telling the story to help others from doing the same. She's rightfully pissed because someone edited it out of context and painted her as a racist when it's obvious she is not.

The woman was racist and realized and worked towards making amends for it. I can forgive her.

The guy deserves to be sued for not fully disclosing the truth. If anybody is in the wrong, it's him.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How is any different from what other bloggers/opinion writers/journalist do? I've seen many cases of words taken out of context. As I said, the DOA alone is responsible for her firing. But she's not concerned with holding the right people accountable, looking for an apology, or even accepting her job back. She wants to stick it to the white man and conservatives plain and simple. Also, she's called Fox News racists, and thinks Breitbart wants to bring back slavery. Only an ignorant ass racist like herself would make those comments.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    She said she refered him to his people, apparently meaning she and he had different people....

And his people helped him because of what she did

All good and fine, just lets agree white and black are not the same color....****, so what..green and yellow aren't the same either

Give up on it NAACP, you are played, done , stik a fork in U, we ( all colors of people ) don't give a ratz azz about skin color

Stupid is another matter

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    She doesn't want an apology, but she'll gladly take his money. She sounds really interested in bettering race relations. :rolleyes:

Well YEAH! "I gots to get PAID! I needs MY money!"

black+smiley+bomb+big+mouth+buck+teeth.png

Aberdog1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Kansas
    Did you watch the actual full length speech? The woman was telling the story of how she realized that she was wrong.

Yes I did watch the whole video.
    My question was. Does this mean she still doesn't like white people? It seems like a easy enough question.:D:D

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

"No one" wants to hear the truth, man...

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    All people do some wrong in their lives. She realized and used the story to try to keep others from doing the same. She wasn't pissed because of the story, she was telling the story to help others from doing the same. She's rightfully pissed because someone edited it out of context and painted her as a racist when it's obvious she is not.

The woman was racist and realized and worked towards making amends for it. I can forgive her.

The guy deserves to be sued for not fully disclosing the truth. If anybody is in the wrong, it's him.

Breibart has said he was given the portion of the tape he played and he posted it. He did not edit or splice anything.

And the NAACP had the entire tape. It was a portion of her (Sherrod's) speech at the NAACP several years back. It was THEIR tape. So for them to say they were "snookered" is idiotic at best. Meaning that mean ole Briebart made us not look at our own materials before we decided to publicly humiliate someone. WHAT? How is that Briebart's fault?

Finally, Briebart didn't fire anyone. The AG Dept did, allegedly on orders from the WH. In order to get ANY damages from Briebart, Sherrod will have to prove malice on his part.

All he did was show a segment of tape he was given. The media themselves went viral with this, the NAACP bit down hard on their own tail, and the WH looked even dumber than the day before.

How now is Briebart responsible for anything negative to Sherrod? Did he make her say what she said?

Top Bottom