Shock/Training Collar

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    I completly understand. But you typed out a 100 word essay telling him not to use a shock collar yet ended it by telling him how its ok for you to use it. :D

Sure, there's a catch-22 to the subject matter so to speak, but I don't think I'm being hypocritical. I apologize for the confusion it may have generated......(I'm offshore, had very little sleep and am notorious for run-on sentences ;))

As a similar analogy, with children, you train them to grow up and become responsible, productive adults over time. If they grossly fall out of line and are a danger to society in general, you are left with no choice but to control them as society dictates. It's the only way to limit the liability to the general public. Unfortunately with people, there are infinite factors (i.e. drugs, peer-pressure, life changing experiences, etc...) that can limit the ability to retain said discipline, whereas with pets we tend to have control of their environment throughout their entire life. Give them a chance to learn via positive reinforcement before resorting to other methods, but reserve these methods if regression becomes a factor during the training.

It's all about having options and knowing the priority in which they should be addressed and carried out depending on the animal in question. And since I know "zero" about anyone else’s pet, I (personally) cannot, in good faith, dictate a general prognosis to just don a shock collar because I have one on mine periodically. And to be clear, those collars rarely even come off the charger unless they are being worked off-leash and off-reservation.

But always remember........................
    0kojx99fo8k50gxm95bi.jpg

Good luck!
    C1

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I will use you child analogy too, but i will make it short and sweet.

Put a child in time out when he does something wrong (training) take another child and put a belt on his ass when he does something wrong (shock collar) and let me know which one not only learns faster but wont try to see how much he can get away with.

I dont condone child abuse but an ass whoopin always worked on me. ;) :D

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    I will use you child analogy too, but i will make it short and sweet.

Put a child in time out when he does something wrong (training) take another child and put a belt on his ass when he does something wrong (shock collar) and let me know which one not only learns faster but wont try to see how much he can get away with.

I dont condone child abuse but an ass whoopin always worked on me. ;) :D

THIS

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    AND whoopoin beats the OT version of stoning them...try using the " hey judge it's in the bible " defense
    :cheers:

BOZO

attachment.php

He had a shock collar all his life...smartest and absolutely the hard headest dawg I have ever had...he was about 80 - 90 lbs and very fast and agressive, w/o the shock collar there would have been lots more "incidents"
    I used the 750 yd range one from Cabellas

Last edited:
    Top Bottom